Government upgrade to boats

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clarkbateman

Reaction score
I have read that Parker adds more Glass / structural support in Boats built for government used boats. I plan on calling the plant next couple of days to ask “since heavy duty build” IS an OPTION , then can non government boats get the same upgrades ??
does anyone have any experience with this post ??

More Weight......More Power needed......More $ for gas needed. Nothing wrong with the Plane Jane Parker......They are built plenty tough.

More Weight......More Power needed......More $ for gas needed. Nothing wrong with the Plane Jane Parker......They are built plenty tough.
All true , but .... for at least Curiosity sake , i would like to know if a civilian can buy one this way. A 200 HP on an 18 foot boat is exciting !!

I have read that Parker adds more Glass / structural support in Boats built for government used boats. I plan on calling the plant next couple of days to ask “since heavy duty build” IS an OPTION , then can non government boats get the same upgrades ??
does anyone have any experience with this post ??
So I called a Dealer , and they have had this question asked before , and Parker says no .... government grade boats are not available to buy NEW. Strangely enough . After the used boat exceeds the time frame of use ... it’s sold to the public !! WTH

The "government" and "commercial" grade boats often do have more glass but also do not have floatation foam hence the reason not available to general, recreational consumers.

The "government" and "commercial" grade boats often do have more glass but also do not have floatation foam hence the reason not available to general, recreational consumers.
thats interesting !! But makes sense too , in my line of work ... fire alarm inspections .... government buildings don’t have to comply with “safety” regulations , that the general public have to obey , which are set by the state / federal governments ...

I am working on restoring NC Wildlife 1801. There is more glass on sides, very different transom, 200hp engine and yes fully foamed.

Hello,
New to this site as well as to Parker. I just last week purchased (at auction) a 1993 2310 DV that was a retired boat from the USDA. I bought it in AL and drove it home to CA. Planning on replacing the rotten wood deck and using it for salmon here in NorCal. How can I tell if this is a government build? I tried contacting Parker to get info on the boat and schematics to help me replace the decking but have gotten no response... Curious about if it’s is the govt edition... doesn’t seem to be any foam as far as I can tell (I guess I’ll know more once the floor is removed) Also It has no helm seats at all.... I guess I probably wouldn’t be able to tell just by looking as I am New to Parker’s (and boat ownership). Learning a lot as I go though!
Thanks,

Jesse

On the Government boats, Parker embeds a GPS tracking device into the 2nd layer of the wood transom. That's about the only way you can tell if the boat was built to NSA standards. Ed Snowden had one of these boats while living in northern Virginia. You could always tell when he was coming because the trail of following helicopters. Mostly black ones.

Just teasing (obviously). I don't know of any way to tell unless the title is stamped differently.

On the Government boats, Parker embeds a GPS tracking device into the 2nd layer of the wood transom. That's about the only way you can tell if the boat was built to NSA standards. Ed Snowden had one of these boats while living in northern Virginia. You could always tell when he was coming because the trail of following helicopters. Mostly black ones.

Just teasing (obviously). I don't know of any way to tell unless the title is stamped differently.

Darn it! I snorted coffee out my nose reading this reply

yeah... not sure what the USDA needed a boat for... Maybe busting beef smugglers repacking choice beef as prime?

Back