Greetings

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffg

Reaction score
Hmmmm, a new Parker board and some familiar names, might as well get in on the fun.

I've been a Parker owner since 1998. My first rig was a 1990 18'cc which I had for a little under seven seasons. It was a great boat and I fished the hell out of it. It was one of the few parkers I've seen that was originally powered with suzuki power (90 hp two stroke). That engine lasted 13 years so I repowered it with a suzuki four stroke which was just a phenomenal combination--I could do a six hour light tackle trip and burn less than ten gallons with the engine on all day. Sadly, just after I got that boat perfect with new non-skid deck and topsides, all flushmounted cleats and a leaning post, I sold her...to buy another parker.

I now have a 1996 21dvcc tha I got for a steal, with forward seating, factory hardtop and the opriginal 1996 200 hp Johnson oceanrunner. Switching back to a loud, thirsty two stroke has ben really difficult, but the ride of the new boat has made it worth it. This boat is in excellent condition for a ten year old hull, but I have a huge laundry list of improvments I'd like to do to get her "perfect" like the last one, including: replacing the rotting leaning post cushion, filling various old gel coat holes, possibly removing the bow rail (i waffle on this a lot), adding a removeable starboard insert to the space in the V seating to create a full casting platform, adding better flyrod storage, possibly adding outriggers, which will require welding mounting plates onto the t-top frame; adding some lighting, enlarging the hole in my t-top piping from the console to the radio box so i can snake the fishfinder transucer up there, and someday repalcing that loud, thirsty engine with some thing new fule efficient, quiet and isn't so heavy it puts the scuppers under water. I also want to paint the bottom black like my old rig and amybe actually put a name on her since the old owner removed teh Parker stickers...

Here's a few pics of the new rig before i took possession and cleaned her up...

Attachments

• Parker 21DVCC bow.jpg
    Parker 21DVCC bow.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 689
  • Parker 21DVCC vseat.jpg
    Parker 21DVCC vseat.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 689
  • Parker 21DVCC stern.jpg
    Parker 21DVCC stern.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 689
Very nice :!:
Since the DV isn't in production anymore, you qualify as a ClassicParker. :)

I wouldn't worry too much about that Ocean Runner. She may drink a bit, but its one of the better carb'ed motors that OMC built. I owned one of the V4's, and it was bulletproof

Welcome! :D

Welcome Jeff!

Glad to see another 21 DVCC owner here.. :)

-- Tom

Megabyte--I hear you on the motor, it is just really tough after having a brand new four stroke for two seasons. Now my 18' was a classic--there were two other 1990s in MA that I am still aware of and I've seen a few lates 80's Sou'westers on the internet but otherwise I come across very few of that vintage. People get scared away by all the teak!

Tom, it was good to be able to pick your brain while I was contemplating the move up. Oh, and I'll be stealing your flyrod extension holder design this spring, as that was a real problem last year. I really miss these from my 18:

Attachments

• rodholders.jpg
    rodholders.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 649
Megabyte--I hear you on the motor, it is just really tough after having a brand new four stroke for two seasons. Now my 18' was a classic--there were two other 1990s in MA that I am still aware of and I've seen a few lates 80's Sou'westers on the internet but otherwise I come across very few of that vintage. People get scared away by all the teak!

Tom, it was good to be able to pick your brain while I was contemplating the move up. Oh, and I'll be stealing your flyrod extension holder design this spring, as that was a real problem last year. I really miss these from my 18:

Attachments

• rodholders.jpg
    rodholders.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 646
Back