Groco Seacock?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gman1001

Reaction score
Cross posted on THT

team. My1998 2300. Is this a Groco Seacock? As you can see the handle rusted off!

I am thinking that maybe Parker standardized in Groco Seacocks?

ultimately I want to buy/install a new handle for this valve.

C7513D60-ACB5-4B3E-9E1E-BD5C78001F3E.jpeg
B4899915-DA76-4BD4-B472-6793A967B5AE.jpeg

Why did the handle break?

Answer : Seacock is locked up due to lack of use. Do not buy a new handle, until you can get the Seacock functioning.....

Because....More than likely your going to be replacing the Seacock.

I hear yah. Hard to believe the stainless handle rusted off! After sleeping on it, I'm going to jury rig something to get leverage on the remaining handle and see if it moves freely. If it does, (yes unlikely) I'll get a handle. If not, replace seecock.

@Warthog, I've seen past posts from you on removing these things. Have to say I'm nervous about this job...

In addition, the handle didn't break when I tried to actuate the valve. The handle was laying in the bildge!

More to come....

I hear yah. Hard to believe the stainless handle rusted off! After sleeping on it, I'm going to jury rig something to get leverage on the remaining handle and see if it moves freely. If it does, (yes unlikely) I'll get a handle. If not, replace seecock.

@Warthog, I've seen past posts from you on removing these things. Have to say I'm nervous about this job...

In addition, the handle didn't break when I tried to actuate the valve. The handle was laying in the bildge!

More to come....
Update, just braved the rain here in CT to see if I could get the valve to move. Had to put a spark plug socket over the handle 'stub' moved, but stiff. I think it moved enough for me to get a new handle and then work work work that valve until its acceptable. I don't use the livewell which it is hooked up to anyway. I do like your idea of using the dual action pump for a washdown though!

Groco

you can replace the valve if the rest is secure

good idea to replace it all

https://www.groco.net/ibvf-1500
I see what you are saying and thank you for sharing. I have been able to determine that this is an Apollo Seacock which does not have a removable valve. I've ordered a new handle for it, so we'll see how that works out!

Looks like a drain plug by on off valve. See if can be removed and add oil
Good idea. I love the oil idea. I'll try the drain plug and removing the pump. See which can be removed easier.

Back