Guest/Marinco Spotlight Upgrade

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pelagic2530

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quick upgrade for anyone that has one of the Guest or Marinco 22040 stainless steel spotlights. The second or third incandescent bulb finally bit the dust, so I went looking for alternatives. I found a thread on a Sea Ray site about a guy using this aircraft landing light as a replacement: Aero-Lites ULTRA GEN2 | PAR 36 LED Landing Light Lamps

15 minutes later, and the swap is complete; fits like a glove. The only difference is two terminals as opposed to three for the incandescent spot/flood bulb. I wired both the spot/flood leads to the positive terminal, so that either way I flip the switch the light will illuminate. I lost the ability to have spot and flood functions, but to be honest the difference wasn’t that apparent anyway with the original bulb and the result is both brighter and wider than either of the previous options.

If you have this type of light, this is a pretty solid option for about $135. Although, I’d imagine that pretty much any PAR36 style bulb will fit in this housing, so better options might be out there. I’m pleased with this one.

49106C95-9525-4F6B-8CDD-10B6B01EE7A6.jpeg1AA349C2-ADAE-4D2F-96D0-030586412E95.jpegB7C659D5-FBD5-43A1-BA2C-BB7ECEF77278.jpeg

Quick upgrade for anyone that has one of the Guest or Marinco 22040 stainless steel spotlights. The second or third incandescent bulb finally bit the dust, so I went looking for alternatives. I found a thread on a Sea Ray site about a guy using this aircraft landing light as a replacement: Aero-Lites ULTRA GEN2 | PAR 36 LED Landing Light Lamps

15 minutes later, and the swap is complete; fits like a glove. The only difference is two terminals as opposed to three for the incandescent spot/flood bulb. I wired both the spot/flood leads to the positive terminal, so that either way I flip the switch the light will illuminate. I lost the ability to have spot and flood functions, but to be honest the difference wasn’t that apparent anyway with the original bulb and the result is both brighter and wider than either of the previous options.

If you have this type of light, this is a pretty solid option for about $135. Although, I’d imagine that pretty much any PAR36 style bulb will fit in this housing, so better options might be out there. I’m pleased with this one.

View attachment 34963View attachment 34964View attachment 34965
Your light looks amazingly bright! We have the GoLight mounted similar to yours. It functions perfectly (turns, tilts, etc.) but is is barely bright enough to even use as a docking light. I'll be searching to see if anyone makes a replacement lamp/LED for the GoLights, similar to what you've done.
1667790391050.png

Your light looks amazingly bright! We have the GoLight mounted similar to yours. It functions perfectly (turns, tilts, etc.) but is is barely bright enough to even use as a docking light. I'll be searching to see if anyone makes a replacement lamp/LED for the GoLights, similar to what you've done.
View attachment 34966

Andy, depending on which GoLight you have, I know they make a drop in LED replacement for some of them (Stryker series, at least). Definitely worth looking into.

I've had good luck with Go Light.....Buy thru a 4 wheel Drive shop......Same light....Cheaper.

In the past I used the model 2020....Many new models have come out since.

I've had good luck with Go Light.....Buy thru a 4 wheel Drive shop......Same light....Cheaper.

In the past I used the model 2020....Many new models have come out since.
Thank you Warthog; I'll check with some local 4-Wheel shops too. Pelagic's upgrade of his Guest/Marinco light spurred the thought of upgrading the GoLight to LED.... Golight has a plug-and-play conversion from the halogen to LED, for $305. There are others online from $240, $250 and $275.... and of course West Marine has the same conversion for $329.00! ☺

Andy, depending on which GoLight you have, I know they make a drop in LED replacement for some of them (Stryker series, at least). Definitely worth looking into.
Thanks for the idea. It just never occurred to me to look into an LED upgrade until seeing yours.... I found a number of places that sell the GoLight conversions online; (I listed a few below? above?) when I replied to Warthog...
(PS. You probably scared the crap out of your neighbors when you lit up the side of their house! ☺).

Last edited:

View attachment 34963View attachment 34964View attachment 34965
Pelagic
The SS railing bracket your spotlight is mounted on looks very clean. Where did you find it; or did you do the fabrication yourself?

Pelagic
The SS railing bracket your spotlight is mounted on looks very clean. Where did you find it; or did you do the fabrication yourself?

Unfortunately, that installation was done by the previous owner many moons ago, so I don’t have any information on that particular plate. I’ll check and see if it’s stamped with anything next time I’m at the boat.

Unfortunately, that installation was done by the previous owner many moons ago, so I don’t have any information on that particular plate. I’ll check and see if it’s stamped with anything next time I’m at the boat.
Thanks for the response. I’d like to know if it does. It appears a light could b mounted on top or below.

Even if there’s no info it’s a good picture to show a fab shop.
Mike

Back