Gulf Stream trip from HHI

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Antidote

Reaction score
Yesterday wasn't my first trip to the Gulf Stream. It was; however, it was the first trip with my wife. And ONLY my wife. Let me start by saying we are still talking. LOL. It was actually an awesome 14 hour trip.

My wife isn't confident with handling the boat just yet so I knew I was in for a challenge. It's tiring just waking up at 0130, getting on the boat, and getting out by 0300; but, running the boat the 3 hours out then fishing and running her back in. I couldn't sleep until the couch stopped swaying last night. I did; however, just install an auto pilot. All I can say is, I should have done this along time ago. 3 hours in pitch black, overcast skies, unlit Navy towers, container ships off Savannah and the radar running = a lot of attention. Thankfully the seas were a manageable 2-3' at 6-8 seconds on the way out. We landed two of four MAHI-MAHI and a Cuda. We made it back in time to meet up with some friends at the 18th hole of the Heritage.

The way back in was almost boring running 30 Knt with the autopilot navigating in seas at 2' and 10 seconds with following seas. We ate well tonight.

IMG_3526.JPG

Yesterday wasn't my first trip to the Gulf Stream. It was; however, it was the first trip with my wife. And ONLY my wife. Let me start by saying we are still talking. LOL. It was actually an awesome 14 hour trip.

My wife isn't confident with handling the boat just yet so I knew I was in for a challenge. It's tiring just waking up at 0130, getting on the boat, and getting out by 0300; but, running the boat the 3 hours out then fishing and running her back in. I couldn't sleep until the couch stopped swaying last night. I did; however, just install an auto pilot. All I can say is, I should have done this along time ago. 3 hours in pitch black, overcast skies, unlit Navy towers, container ships off Savannah and the radar running = a lot of attention. Thankfully the seas were a manageable 2-3' at 6-8 seconds on the way out. We landed two of four MAHI-MAHI and a Cuda. We made it back in time to meet up with some friends at the 18th hole of the Heritage.

The way back in was almost boring running 30 Knt with the autopilot navigating in seas at 2' and 10 seconds with following seas. We ate well tonight.

View attachment 28693
Wow! Thank you for posting this; what a great trip! I see you are holding two nice 'keepers', not to mention the nice 'keeper' standing to your right! ☺

Wow! Thank you for posting this; what a great trip! I see you are holding two nice 'keepers', not to mention the nice 'keeper' standing to your right! ☺
Yes Sir. She is most definitely a keeper.

Autopilot is a feature that you don't think you need until you've owned a boat with it.

Nice trip!

what an accomplishment. Congrats. Mother Ocean was kind to share the mahi... bet you two are all ready talking about the next trip!

Well, at least I am. My wife needs a prescription for a scopolamine patch before we go next time. LOL. Having no horizon in the dark was a little rough on her. When the sun came up she was good and ran the boat great while I was setting up the spread.

Back