Half tower on 18 Parker?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nrender

Reaction score
Curious of the forum's thoughts on this. Towers are a game changer here in the Chesapeake Bay, so was thinking about putting one on my boat this fall. Minimal transom deadrise and relatively large beam on the boat makes me think that something shorter between 1/2 and 3/4 tower size would be okay, even though the boat is still only 18'. Also thinking that it will add some resale value to it; especially in this area. Understood that I will have to choose my days, still have to choose my days regardless as to whether I put the tower on the boat or not.

Any input would be helpful! Thanks.

even something similar to this? not a full tower.

Attachments

• halftower.jpeg
    halftower.jpeg
    142.9 KB · Views: 46
  • halftower2.jpeg
    halftower2.jpeg
    88.9 KB · Views: 44
Like a tower where you stand on the top of console and pop your head / torso out of the T top? Sure. You could also add a seakeeper! And a large battery bank/ generator. ???

Curious of the forum's thoughts on this. Towers are a game changer here in the Chesapeake Bay, so was thinking about putting one on my boat this fall. Minimal transom deadrise and relatively large beam on the boat makes me think that something shorter between 1/2 and 3/4 tower size would be okay, even though the boat is still only 18'. Also thinking that it will add some resale value to it; especially in this area. Understood that I will have to choose my days, still have to choose my days regardless as to whether I put the tower on the boat or not.

Any input would be helpful! Thanks.

I really think it’s going to make the boat unwieldy, and get in the way. You also run the risk of stability issues, with weight up that high. There was a 25? Maycraft that just capsized down here last week. Two guys in a tower was a big factor.

Honestly, if you’re dead set on a tower, I’d upgrade to a 21 or bigger. 18 is a very small boat for a tower.

If you are looking to run her from up there, I agree with the comments above. Now if you are just looking for elevation to aid spotting while at rest; it can be done.

I'd want the beam and weight of a 23SE or larger before thinking about a tower.

Back