Hampton, VA Boat Show

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andertonm

Reaction score
I went to the Hampton boat show today, primarily to shop for an upgrade form my current 2120SC to a 23 or 25. This was just a three-day show and we got there at opening time, so I actually had a chance to talk to Linwood Parker. At other shows he has been tied up with serious buyers, so it was hard to get his attention for small talk. Today's conversation confirmed my previous opinion that he seems to be a very nice guy who truly loves what he is doing. He confirmed that he is working on a 32 footer with twin Yamaha 350s with 20 inch props. He really got a twinkle in his eye when describing this boat. He obviously likes new toys...

What really struck me is that at other boat stands I didn't see, much less talk to Mr. Grady or Mr. White or Mr. Steiger or Mr. Bayliner. I think it's amazing that we have access to the man who builds our boats.

As far as my shopping went, the 23 was really tempting with the motor out on a bracket with full dive platform and roomy fish box. The 25 is too big a jump for me. One problem is that I bought my current boat from the dealer doing the show and I will never buy another boat from them. Another problem is the fact that I have outfitted my boat just the way I want it and I have a hard time seeing myself starting all over again. Besides, the 2120SC is a fantastic boat!

www.andertonm.com/boat_stuff

andertonm":3gan0lqj said:
I think it's amazing that we have access to the man who builds our boats.

Absolutely! I hope to meet Linwood and Robin at one of the shows, for that very reason. :wink:

I have outfitted my boat just the way I want it and I have a hard time seeing myself starting all over again.

I feel your pain. I was looking at the diesel powered 2520 in the "For Sale" area and thinking... "What a COOL boat"!
But then I look at what I've done with mine and say, "There is now way I could part with her right now". :(

I was at the Long Beach Show a couple of weeks ago and I overheard about a 31' being built when I was at the Parker booth. I was going to come back to ask a few question about it, but never made it back. Did they say it was going to be a pilothouse, center console or both?

Mark,

I keep entertaining the thoughts of stepping up to a 2320 but I always come back down to the ground after a trip out on the 2120. It is a wonderful boat! There is not that much difference between the two except: 1) Fishbox! 2) full transom, 3) length overall, 4) ride enhancement.

I would make the move if the weight difference wasn't so dramatic and the fuel economy wasn't so drastically different with an F225-250. I really enjoy 6-7 GPH cruise, 0.6 GPH troll. The thoughts of trying to manuever that rig through a MacDonalds with a trailer is a bit daunting also!

Even though I am justifying not making the move up, you know I want to do it, and I will eventually!

Parkers best advertising is the accessibility to both Linwood and Robin.

They both seem to love their product and it shows in the quality of construction.

John_Madison CT":pyzwdda8 said:
Parkers best advertising is the accessibility to both Linwood and Robin.

They both seem to love their product and it shows in the quality of construction.

(A big ole thumbs up here) Their dealers say the same thing.

You really should try to see their plant sometime. It's a real showcase. Every employee I saw seemed friendly and enthusiastic.

Back