Quantcast

Has anyone installed electric reel outlets on a 2801cc?

Classic Parker

Help Support Classic Parker:

lindkj33

Reaction score
If so, can you provide details/pics/suggestions... I plan to do ample tile fishing and day time sword fishing off NJ, so I feel like outlets are a must rather than lugging small batteries on each trip. Thanks!

army

Reaction score
mine is a 2520 would that count? Just installed two hard wired plugs for my tanacom halibut (and other) electric reels. I still only have two batteries but will use switch to "run" off only one. I am going to attempt to become effective at posting pics. I also installed plugs for shore power (battery tender) and electric down riggers

warthog5

Reaction score
Wiring a 26 Dusky right now...... Run 10ga 2 - outlets on each side. 2 - circuits 20amp ea. There is no scheamitic per say....except in my head. LOL. And that would depend on your battery setup? I suspect your still running Perko switches and have not upgraded to a BEP Cluster?

sydngoose

Reaction score
I have two Hubbell Electric reel ( 30amp) installed on my Parker 2320: They are powered through the house battery, 30amp circuit breaker to the horizontal box's mounted beneath the gunnels: one on each side. Very easy installation. Ill look for pics later today ( or just go take some for you).

lindkj33

Reaction score
I just have the standard factory switchbox, not the BEP Cluster (which I will have to look into). With the batteries in the floor right behind the transom, I figured it would be easy to run cables with everything being so close, and I planned to add 2 extra batteries as there's ample room for it, one for each plug.

lindkj33

Reaction score
I have two Hubbell Electric reel ( 30amp) installed on my Parker 2320: They are powered through the house battery, 30amp circuit breaker to the horizontal box's mounted beneath the gunnels: one on each side. Very easy installation. Ill look for pics later today ( or just go take some for you).
If you can send me pics that would be great. If it's easier to text them, my cell # is 917-449-1743. Thanks, Kristian.

sydngoose

Reaction score
If you can send me pics that would be great. If it's easier to text them, my cell # is 917-449-1743. Thanks, Kristian.
I really apologize for the delay. I am gone today from 7a to 7p. Tomorrow, I willl take some pics and post them up here: Hubbell receptacle beneath both washboards: stbd and port. Circuit breakers near batteries and wire runs.
It's very easy/ uncomplicated.

Latest posts