Heaters

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reckless 2

Reaction score
Has anybody had any experience with these DC thermal heaters 30amp and 40amp heaters ducted and non-ducted running a Yamaha 300 I believe the 65 amp alternators

Attachments

• F21A37AB-31B1-4636-BF88-BE33661C3450.png
    F21A37AB-31B1-4636-BF88-BE33661C3450.png
    949 KB · Views: 12
  • F347FE4F-67F5-45DE-AF3E-5EE66724ACAF.png
    F347FE4F-67F5-45DE-AF3E-5EE66724ACAF.png
    573.7 KB · Views: 10
Has anybody had any experience with these DC thermal heaters 30amp and 40amp heaters ducted and non-ducted running a Yamaha 300 I believe the 65 amp alternators
I tried to get more information on these from your link; no luck. I can tell you, something smells 'fishy' and believe me, there is no free-lunch when it comes to electric-resistance heating. (Which they seem to be implying in the ad).
The basics; amps X volts = Watts. You can achieve only 3.413 Btu's of heat per Watt. No more. No less...
My guess these are just the 'fan/blower' unit for an add-in, separate heat-source The unit likely gets its 'heat' piped in from the vehicles cooling system/radiator anti-freeze (in essence, these are a miniature radiators). Unless you have an inboard engine, with 'fresh-water' cooling, and heat-exchangers, then these will not work. They will not work with an outboard motor.... Our last boats used a similar set-up for the water heater. Coolant hoses from the engine were routed to a 'heat-exchanger' inside the water heater; in essence, 'free' hot water, taken from the heat of the engine. (It also heated the water with standard electric-resistance A/C current), for use at the dock or when the engines were not running).

Last edited:
I tried to get more information on these from your link; no luck. I can tell you, something smells 'fishy' and believe me, there is no free-lunch when it comes to electric-resistance heating. (Which they seem to be implying in the ad).
The basics; amps X volts = Watts. You can achieve only 3.413 Btu's of heat per Watt. No more. No less...
My guess these are just the 'fan/blower' unit for an add-in, separate heat-source The unit likely gets its 'heat' piped in from the vehicles cooling system/radiator anti-freeze (in essence, these are a miniature radiators). Unless you have an inboard engine, with 'fresh-water' cooling, and heat-exchangers, then these will not work. They will not work with an outboard motor.... Our last boats used a similar set-up for the water heater. Coolant hoses from the engine were routed to a 'heat-exchanger' inside the water heater; in essence, 'free' hot water, taken from the heat of the engine. (It also heated the water with standard electric-resistance A/C current), for use at the dock or when the engines were not running).
It’s has its own heat source that’s way they are 40amp

It’s has its own heat source that’s way they are 40amp
In that case, there is something missing; Send us the link, so I can read all their specs....
From what's shown on your first picture;
40 amps and 12 Volts, it cannot produce 8016 Btuh;s of heat as stated in the ad (Again, I'd like to see/read their spec sheet).
40 amps X 12 Volts = 480 Watts.
480 Watts X 3.413 Btus/Watt = 1638 Btus...
And, if 1638 Btuhs is what it produces, that's a small amount of heat.
For comparison, a typical 1500 Watt electric space heater, on it's high setting produces 5,120 Btuh. (You would need to run more than three of those to produce the same heat as 1500 Watt heater).

I found their site; here's their specs. Simply stated, their information is incorrect. It does not produce 8016 Btuh. (It's not physically possible)....
1615232048706.png

Last edited:
Back