Hello Everyone! New to me 2000 2320 with tower :)

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brown.micha.p

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I just picked up my first Parker a couple of weeks ago. A 2000 2320 with a 2018 Yamaha 175hp :unsure:. I've only been out on her twice-- the 175 doesn't seem to be an issue for me as I am mostly in a river and dont go far. Hoping for one more trip before she is covered for the New England winter. I've got about 5 months to finish my tower install!

20201101_123610.jpg20201030_172605.jpg20201030_165932.jpg

Looking forward to interacting with you guys.
-Mike B

Previous boats:
2005 Northcoast 20' Center Console - 175hp Suzuki
1989 Grady White 25' Sailfish - Twin 200hp Yamahas
1989 Romarine 24' Pilothouse - 225hp Yamaha
1994 Proline 170 Center Console - 150hp Johnson

Hello Everyone,

I just picked up my first Parker a couple of weeks ago. A 2000 2320 with a 2018 Yamaha 175hp :unsure:. I've only been out on her twice-- the 175 doesn't seem to be an issue for me as I am mostly in a river and dont go far. Hoping for one more trip before she is covered for the New England winter. I've got about 5 months to finish my tower install!

View attachment 26659View attachment 26661View attachment 26660

Looking forward to interacting with you guys.
-Mike B

Previous boats:
2005 Northcoast 20' Center Console - 175hp Suzuki
1989 Grady White 25' Sailfish - Twin 200hp Yamahas
1989 Romarine 24' Pilothouse - 225hp Yamaha
1994 Proline 170 Center Console - 150hp Johnson
Awesome, congrats!

Would you mind telling how did you source the tower? It looks very very good.

--

Awesome, congrats!

Would you mind telling how did you source the tower? It looks very very good.

--

Thanks Swatski!

Sure no problem-- I am very happy with the tower :)

It was much easier to source than expected. I was doing some research on towers and came across Metals Works, LLC. in Virginia ( I have no prior connection to them). They have a bunch of photos on their Facebook, website, and Instagram including some Parker tower installs. I ended buying their "DIY Deluxe Version Cobia Tower" but I had them weld it together. I arranged shipping through www.uShip.com which found UPS freight as the cheapest. This was my first time using uShip and I had a very favorable experience. Metal Works bolted it to a pallet and UPS picked it up, I had it a few days later.

The finished folding tower with backrest and seat cushions, 4 rod holders, 2 cup holders, and a control box was just under $3000. The only customized feature was an additional leg disconnect that I had added to the back legs. This was to reduce the total height of the boat on the trailer. My radar is 11' 6" off the ground and the tower brought the highest point close to 13'5". The detachable section of the rear legs brings the height back down to ~12' 6". I plan on getting a slip next season but if that falls though I can trailer it no problem to my local launch @ 13'5", pulling it anywhere else, I would remove the legs. I think the tower and controls only adds about ~120lbs if that to the boat.

IMG_8852.jpg

https://boatmetals.com/product/diy-cobia-tower-crows-nest-kit/
Rough Costs:
Tower: $3000
Tower shipping: $400 (VA to MA)
Controls and wiring: $1600
Total: ~$5000

Feel free to ask anything else. I can also post a complete part/cost breakdown when it is done as well if that is helpful. Also I blame my assistant for the life jacket placement.

-Mike

Thanks Swatski!

Sure no problem-- I am very happy with the tower :)

It was much easier to source than expected. I was doing some research on towers and came across Metals Works, LLC. in Virginia ( I have no prior connection to them). They have a bunch of photos on their Facebook, website, and Instagram including some Parker tower installs. I ended buying their "DIY Deluxe Version Cobia Tower" but I had them weld it together. I arranged shipping through www.uShip.com which found UPS freight as the cheapest. This was my first time using uShip and I had a very favorable experience. Metal Works bolted it to a pallet and UPS picked it up, I had it a few days later.

The finished folding tower with backrest and seat cushions, 4 rod holders, 2 cup holders, and a control box was just under $3000. The only customized feature was an additional leg disconnect that I had added to the back legs. This was to reduce the total height of the boat on the trailer. My radar is 11' 6" off the ground and the tower brought the highest point close to 13'5". The detachable section of the rear legs brings the height back down to ~12' 6". I plan on getting a slip next season but if that falls though I can trailer it no problem to my local launch @ 13'5", pulling it anywhere else, I would remove the legs. I think the tower and controls only adds about ~120lbs if that to the boat.

View attachment 26663

https://boatmetals.com/product/diy-cobia-tower-crows-nest-kit/
Rough Costs:
Tower: $3000
Tower shipping: $400 (VA to MA)
Controls and wiring: $1600
Total: ~$5000

Feel free to ask anything else. I can also post a complete part/cost breakdown when it is done as well if that is helpful. Also I blame my assistant for the life jacket placement.

-Mike
Thank you, very helpful information. This is a very well thought through design, and it is exactly what I have been looking for (we have a 2320 SC on order).
Frankly, this would be a great factory option!

--

Back