Hello everyone

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrishAyes

Reaction score
Hello all,
I have a 1994 Parker 2520 MV. Logged 1500 hours on 225 Yammie. Time to repower. Prob go with a 250 4-banger. I hear they are the bomb. Any comments/insight feel free to speak up...I am open to any suggestions.

Joe

If it ain't a Parker, it ain't a fishin' machine.

Welcome aboard IrishAyes!

There have been quite a few discussions about repowering in the past year, so page back through the Projects or General Discussion areas... put your feet up, and prepare to take notes. :)

You can also try the search button at the top of the page and do a search for 'repower'... but then you might miss some of the other cool stuff to read here on CP.

Enjoy! :wink:

Depending on the year they were made, the max hull HP is either 300 or 325. Lots of riggers don't recommend you power a boat lower than 75% of max hull HP. That means that the boat should be powered with a 224 hp (75% of 300) or a 243 hp (75% of 325). The F-250 would be a nice match for that hull.

Porkchunker.

I'm looking to get the F250 yammie. From what I hear, it should be a perfect match, as you said. Boat show deal- $750 toward rigging and extra 3 year warranty. Making it 6 year warranty. I don't think that can be beat! Should be doin the deed next month.

Thanks for the imput :)

Back