Hello from Havelock NC, I have a 1995 Parker 2520 with a Volvo Penta Turbo Diesel, love the boat.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drswamp

Reaction score
I have a 1995 Parker 2520 with a Volvo Penta Turbo Diesel, love the boat.

Attachments

• tempImageOsyoP3.png
    tempImageOsyoP3.png
    15 MB · Views: 63
  • 7EA6F5CD-CEF4-41C6-BBF8-E24AAE5184C5_1_201_a.jpeg
    7EA6F5CD-CEF4-41C6-BBF8-E24AAE5184C5_1_201_a.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 61
  • 158D8B41-7FC7-47B6-84CC-783C81870463_1_201_a.jpeg
    158D8B41-7FC7-47B6-84CC-783C81870463_1_201_a.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 57
I have a 1995 Parker 2520 with a Volvo Penta Turbo Diesel, love the boat.
Beautiful 2520 you have there! Your engine is a rarity amount Parkers. Do you have any idea how many Parkers came with Volvo Turbo Diesels?.... We're in the 5th year now with our 2520. We love it, but before the Parker we had Diesels for over 31 years. I'm a more-than-adequate Diesel 'mechanic', but I'm still learning our Yamaha 300...

Last edited:
Hi Andy I'm really not sure how many came with the Volvo Diesel engine, It's a great engine super charger for the turbo incredible, I have a switch installed to turn the supercharger compressor off so I don't burn it up when I want to troll with the boat. Would be great to find out how many were built with that engine, we have property in the Merrimon area just up the road from the Parker factory, we need to meet up some time. Robert.

Hi Andy I'm really not sure how many came with the Volvo Diesel engine, It's a great engine super charger for the turbo incredible, I have a switch installed to turn the supercharger compressor off so I don't burn it up when I want to troll with the boat. Would be great to find out how many were built with that engine, we have property in the Merrimon area just up the road from the Parker factory, we need to meet up some time. Robert.
Hi Robert, It would be great to meet up sometime, and there's always an open dock for ClassicParker folks who might be in the area. In fact another ClassicParker 2520 owner stopped by a couple months ago while they were on a 'cruise' heading north towards the Albemarle Sound area. (With their permission, I posted a short video of their boat on Youtube).... I was wondering where your boat was docked in your first picture; I didn't known that there were 'mountains' that tall in eastern NC! ☺ (If it were half that tall, it would be twice as tall as the highest point in Beaufort County! ☺)

Last edited:
I have a 2120 and I'm just across the creek from you on the Craven Co. side. Maybe we'll pass each other some day.

As off right now, we own 5 acres on the water we have yet to build we had the lot cleared of this year, ready for a seawall and boat dock, waiting the material prices out at present. Currently bottom painting and top side painting the boat. Then hopefully going to bring it down, and put it in the boat storage closer to Harkers and use the ramp. Robert 336 577 7994.

Back