Hello from Washington state

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

mark

Reaction score
I have been reading all the great stuff you guys have to say and have picked up quite a few helpfull pointers. I havent seen any body from washington though. I cant be the only guy out here in the northwest with such a great boat ( 07 2530 with twin 150s and a 8 horse kicker) If there is anybody else from the area would like to compare notes. I normally fish out of westport in the summer. Thanks for the great site.

UnWired

Reaction score
Hi Mark,

Welcome to the site. I'm sure there are other Parkers up there, but maybe just not on this site. I also know there are a couple of them around Oregon.... but I might be the closest near you on this website. It's about a 12 hour drive from here to Tacoma. We're by the Oregon border in California. Welcome to the site! You have a sweet ride! Post some pics when you get a chance. Has the boat touched the water yet? Weather up in the NW corner can be tough during the winter months. How well does that kicker power the DV hull?

Keith FDNY

Reaction score
Hey Mark

Well i am from North East but would like to welcome you aboard here to classic parker and it is a great site and have great bunch of people here!!Well enjoy your new boat!!!

mark

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome. I know there are a few guys around the area with these boats but not many. I cant believe the number of people sometimes who gather around at the launch. I have a full season already with the boat and couldnt be happier. The kicker is a high thrust 8 and it very easily pushes things along salmon trolling. Not sure if the guys on the east coast know about our great tuna fishing up here, but man what a blast. Cant wait till july.

Megabyte

Reaction score
A kicker for trolling would be sweet to have in my area.
Depending on the tide, I sometimes find my boat traveling too fast with my single 225 running at idle. :)

Welcome aboard Mark!

pelagic2530

Supporting Member
Reaction score
welcome to classicparker!! wow, a 2530 with twins AND a kicker??? howd you do that? i'd be interested to see pics of that, did you mount it to the bracket or on a separate mount?

mark

Reaction score
The kicker is mounted on a aluminum bracket bolted to the motor bracket,port side. Just barely enough room for everything to turn without hitting. It t ties to the port motor with a couple ball joints and a piece of all thread. Works great. The boat is in storage but i am bringing it home soon. If I can fiqure out how to put a picture on here I will take some and post them.

pelagic2530

Supporting Member
Reaction score
excellent!! pics of that would be great, with gas prices, trolling with a kicker might be the way to go. right now, we just shut off one and troll a single. is it hooked up to the main fuel tank, or does it have a seperate source?

dennis

Reaction score
but not new to parker. currently have a 2520 with 2-200mercs and a 2530 with volvo diesel i/o. both boats are currently in ak. soon to move the 2530 to oregon. salmon seasons a bust looks like for this year, but may be able to engage the tuna. both boats are excellent for the long haul.

jleitz

Reaction score
Hi Mark,
Are you still a member running your parker out of Tacoma?
I am close by and would like to talk with you. I also have 2520 SouWester 1987 running around South Puget Sound

A-K

Reaction score
Shit just realized this is from 2008 😂😁

Wheels4896

Reaction score
Hi Mark.

I live in Gig Harbor and fish the north coast and Westport.

I run a 2320 outfitted for halibut, salmon, and a 50 gallon bait tank for tuna fishing.
That's a bloody deck if I've ever seen one :D

Reactions: A-K