Hello / Parker 2501 CC

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twilight

Reaction score
Hello from Massachusetts! I’m looking to trade up from my current 21.5’ CC (not a Parker) to a new Parker 2501 CC. Can anyone share pros/cons of the 2501? The 2501 would be a significant upgrade and seems just about perfect for what we do (inshore fishing + some offshore fishing + some sandbar time). Also, does anyone have performance data for the 2501cc with twin 200s on a bracket? Thanks!!

Welcome to Classic Parker. Have you started looking around the forum while waiting for some answers?

25 cc is popular in San Diego. They are a big 25 that needs power. Wide boats. I like them better than the 28 as you can trailer a 25’ it’s not easy but can be done ( 9’-6” beam typically needs a permit). Also the front can have a little Bimini tent/ dodger that can act like a tent for getting out of the rain or even sleeping. Nice size boat. Older design that is tried and true. I bet Yamaha has a bulletin for that boat or something similar. Twin 200 would be my choice.

Thanks! I haven’t seen a Yamaha performance sheet for the 2501 with twin 200s on a bracket. If I get that information, I will share it here on the forum! Among other specs, I’d like to see the tested weight — when Parker lists the 2501 at 4,500lbs, that must be dry weight with no engines (?), and I have to think it is >7k pounds loaded? I might be concerned about ride quality if the 2501 was a “light”, beamy boat, but I don’t think that’s the story. We pick our days but want to be able to run around Cape Cod Bay comfortably and run out for tuna in the fall and not just days when it’s FAC. My friend has run a 23 CC Parker for many years, and I consistently hear good things from Parker owners, and the 2501 seems like an awesome platform for fishing and family, but would welcome any other feedback. Thanks!

Thanks! I haven’t seen a Yamaha performance sheet for the 2501 with twin 200s on a bracket. If I get that information, I will share it here on the forum! Among other specs, I’d like to see the tested weight — when Parker lists the 2501 at 4,500lbs, that must be dry weight with no engines (?), and I have to think it is >7k pounds loaded? I might be concerned about ride quality if the 2501 was a “light”, beamy boat, but I don’t think that’s the story. We pick our days but want to be able to run around Cape Cod Bay comfortably and run out for tuna in the fall and not just days when it’s FAC. My friend has run a 23 CC Parker for many years, and I consistently hear good things from Parker owners, and the 2501 seems like an awesome platform for fishing and family, but would welcome any other feedback. Thanks!
Twilight,

Did you buy and did you ever get performance numbers with twin Yamaha 200’s?

I bought! 2018 2501, hauled to southern RI last week. Kid Like excitement mixed with old man worries! There’s so much right with the Parker, couldn’t pass on it. And thanks to those here whom helped with commentary and experience. These sites are a valuable resource.

Sea trial, three on board, half full tank, in bay with light chop, just under 50 mph at 5500 rpm (I was stunned). I thought I saw 2.7 mpg at cruise (34 mph?) but unsure, seems to good and was checking out other things.

Launch this week, to be honest, some jitters about docking this beast.

Parker 2501 - year model 2000 - Just repowered with twin 200 Yamaha F200XB's. 2021 Trailer 9500 lb . I weighed the boat with no engines and subtracted the trailer weight and the boat weighed 4900 pounds approximately with literally no fuel in it. My tank holds 200 gallons of fuel. I filled boat up and installed engines and all mechanical gear and re weighed at same weigh station. The weight was 7100 pounds roughly. This boat has bottom paint and it is older and thicker bottom paint. I have numbers for anyone interested.....
3800 RPM = 25 knots
4200 RPM = 29 knots
WOT = 42.6 knots
Best cruise speed range is 3800 RPM = 25 knots and I am truly getting 2.2 miles to the gallon
This is a very impressive sea boat for its size. I have a tremendous amount of experience on large Sportfish boats as a Captain and that is why I bought this boat. In my opinion , this boat powered with twin 200 Yamahas is as good as you will find in this size range. The full beam fish box of the older boats are very useful. The 9'6" beam is super roomy for four adults to fish the boat very easily. The boat entertains well also with the forward seating. Just my two cents on this topic.

We bought a 2018 2501 in July 2022.
I have previously owned a Parker 2310 WA and a GW 30’ express.
We love the space the 2501 offers, especially in the bow without the forward seating. We caught a 75# YF tuna this summer while chunking off Ocean City, MD so the 360 degree fishing space was a big plus in landing the fish.
We run 30-40 miles off, but we only have a single Yamaha 300 so not really a canyon boat and off Delaware you need 150+ mile range to do a RT, but great boat for inshore.
I prefer the ride of the 2501 cc to the other Parker’s with the helm in the forward position, obviously you lose some cockpit space but you have the 360 fishing space to fish 4-5 anglers comfortably.
Running in a 3’ head sea with high frequency (stacked up) you have to trim down the bow and back off the throttle like any other medium size cc, but same conditions with a following sea you can dam near run WOT. Our top end with the single 300 is about 42 mph. which IMO is pretty fast and much more economical than when we ran the GW with twin 350’s.
I’m taking the 2501 down to the FL keys this winter so we will be looking forward to that trip.
It’s a shame they discontinued this model. I hope the new 26 and 29 our the same hull design, the specs appear to be similar. Overall a very dry ride but I did put wings ( spray curtains) around the helm because all CC can get you wet if the wind is blowing across your bow.
IMO if you can find a nice used 2501 or 2801 and want to fish ocean inshore lumps or back bays, you will “NOT” find a better fishing platform for the cost,
I paid 88k for my rig including trailer and about 250 hrs. on the engine.
Compared to a 26’ Regulator, the 2501 Parker has much more space due to the 9’6” beam, and you probably won’t find many used Regs under 100k.
I’m 65 yrs old, and thinking my next Parker may be the new 29 with twins, but going to wait another year or two to try to find a slightly used model.
I haven’t seen the new 29 but with LOA at 33’ this boat could be a legit canyon runner here off DE/MD in that smaller offshore CC class, 30-35’.
Will wait to hear from some owners of the new 29 on this site, and hopefully they will share some info.
Good luck with your 2501!

Back