Helm Electronics Cabinet Layout

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pelagic2530

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Currently doing the research and buying the components to redo most of the helm electrical system as part of my repower/electronics refresh on my 2530. It's a mess back there now, and I'm looking forward to getting it cleaned up. It occurs to me that with the new electronics, black boxes, network switches, and NMEA backbone, that there are a lot of components that need to go into an already pretty crowded space. I've come up with some concepts of how I can make it work, but I thought I'd put it in front of the hive mind here to see what others have already come up with.

The boat is a '95, so it's got a slightly different helm design than the later 00's boats that were designed for larger flush mounted electronic screens. But, if anyone would be willing to share some pictures of the inside of their electronics cabinets, new or old style, I would sure appreciate it!

Thanks in advance guys!

I’m in the process of doing a total rebuild on a 1990 2520 this is what I came up with for my stuff also going to add a second removable starboard bulkhead behind console for auto pilot computer and black boxes auto pilot pump etc

Attachments

• 6ADE04B7-50C3-407C-A7B2-3C231F24008A.jpeg
    6ADE04B7-50C3-407C-A7B2-3C231F24008A.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 47
  • 1F0B95D9-7345-4A12-8F00-2626584C5B3A.jpeg
    1F0B95D9-7345-4A12-8F00-2626584C5B3A.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 44
I certinally would Not have used Starboard in this case....You have it apart.....It's outside the boat......Fiberglass it......Starboard is not near as clean looking.... 70% of the work is done getting the main piece out of the boat and not filling the boat with fiberglass dust.

I certinally would Not have used Starboard in this case....You have it apart.....It's outside the boat......Fiberglass it......Starboard is not near as clean looking.... 70% of the work is done getting the main piece out of the boat and not filling the boat with fiberglass dust.

Wart, would you happen to have any pictures of the back of your 2530 helm / electronics cabinet lying around? Based on vintage, I'd bet that ours are pretty similar, I'd be interested in seeing how you laid yours out.

Could have used fiberglass sure, it’s not as clean looking sure, it’s how I did it, and for me it works. This is my first boat build and I am learning as I go,maybe the next one will meet your standards maybe not lol.you know your stuff dude and I respect your opinion and would appreciate any advice you have to give.

Back