Helm Seat - 2320

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sniper

Reaction score
I am looking for helm seat options for my 2006 2320. It looks like it could be tight and I have seen how creative you all have been with othe projects.

Thanks for your thoughts.

has anyone tried a single post leaning post instead of a seat?

This is the place where I rest my bones, so I am on the lookout for a more comfortable seat to fit the pedestal. More adjustability would be welcome. I will stand and steer from my second station (soon to be completed).

I am very interested in responses to this post. I have the standard molded seat with cushions. On long boat rides, I get aches in my shoulders due to the small, prehensile, almost non-existent armrests. I have been pondering the ladder back seat as seen on many newer Parkers, but have seen some of you complain about the bulky size. What say you all?

Parker23":2w5o8hz7 said:

Not yet, but I've considered one.

I'd like to mount a fiberglass base with lots of rear facing slots for 5700 boxes so I could use it as a tackle storage center.
Rather than a seat on top, I'd like a leaning post type of pad at the helm.
For the passenger, I'd re-mount my present seat atop the box and add a folding footrest for comfort.

danielb":127t7iwx said:
I have ladder back seats in my 25 MV pilothouse...I left one arm rest on near the window and removed the other for easy egress...

Ditto on removing the inboard arm rest. Makes for easer ingress/egress from the cabin to the dance floor.

I have been thinking about modifications for the inside of the cabin on my 2320. Among the things I am considering is to remove the pedestal on the helm seat and then mount a seat on a tackle locker or cabinet of some sort. I came across the following link while searching the internet for ideas.

http://www.arrigonidesign.com/

I don't know anything about this dealer, but there are a number of items on the site that might be adaptable to our boats. Next time I am on the East coast I will try to check out the quality but if any of you guys get a chance you might look into this. There are cabinets with seats that might work out well.

I like this one...
I wonder if it could be built to organize 3700 boxes?

seatlocker1.jpg

Megabyte":1ya752sz said:
I like this one...
I wonder if it could be built to organize 3700 boxes?

seatlocker1.jpg

Check with "finaddictmarine" custom marine starboard work. These guys are not cheap, but do outstanding work. They will make weatherstripped drawers so you do not need the bothersome door overall.

The have made me a couple of tackle storage boxes to my sizes. Also have perfect Parker gelcoat to starboard match.

I just have boxes under my helm seats. I love them for storage...

Attachments

• mc1.JPG
    mc1.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 5,397
Warthog, what kinda flooring is that you have?

I want to change what I have...it's that not slip that's a pain in the a$$ to clean...

A couple questions...

How long did it ake you to put it on?

Is it holding up pretty good and how long has it been on your boat?

Just wondering if with the high temps if over a period of time it'll last.

Thanks

Megabyte":2kes0zo2 said:
Parker23":2kes0zo2 said:

Not yet, but I've considered one.

I'd like to mount a fiberglass base with lots of rear facing slots for 5700 boxes so I could use it as a tackle storage center.
Rather than a seat on top, I'd like a leaning post type of pad at the helm.
For the passenger, I'd re-mount my present seat atop the box and add a folding footrest for comfort.

I have to agree with Kevin on this one. The boxes under my helm seats are OK for assorted stuff, but I have all of these Plano boxes that need a home. I've already cut the plywood for making a bait/rigging station with lots of slots. It will bolt to the back of the OEM box, and will be my winter project.

Parker23WA":3pubkiru said:
A couple questions...

How long did it take you to put it on?

The taping is what take the time. Roll a coat on, wait 1 hour. Roll the next coat on and wait 1hr. Then you BETTER be pulling the tape. If not it will bridge your tape line's.

Is it holding up pretty good and how long has it been on your boat?

The boat has been finished less than a year. So far, so good.

Just wondering if with the high temps if over a period of time it'll last.

Thanks

We'll see.

Back