Help....How to shop for a used parker 1801

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flydoc

Reaction score
I'm in need of guidance. I got a call from a dealer who just took in a used 1801 1999 in a trade that he claims is in exceptional shape.(Yam 115hp-2stroke)
How do i approach this boat. I know very little about them.
Had my heart set on a newer boat but if the price is right this may not be a bad way to go as a first time boat owner.
Any help will be appreciated.

1999 is about when Parker changed deck caps on the 18 footer. The newer deck cap "turns the corners" towards the motor and has a more finished look. The newer cap also has a built in anchor storage on top at bow. These are the only 2 changes in this hull in maybe the past 20 years or so.

Yamaha 115-2 is the most common power. I had the 98 version of this boat. Carried 4 people maybe 30 miles offshore with full livewell and plenty of ice. No problem. Put some trim tabs on it if not so equipted. I had a stainlesss steel T-Top and a fiberglass hardtop on mine.

New 18 Parker, 115-4 stroke, and trailer OTD for about $24,000. I paid about $18k for mine in 98.

Great boat!

see if the dealer..is it white water marine?...will provide some kind of engine warranty. Even 1 year will give you some piece of mind. You may want to have the engine checked out by a certified Yamaha tech. I can give you the name of the guy I use. Check the boat for any hairline cracks and other visible signs of abuse. Check for any delamination by tapping arround any deck plates, screws etc. where water could have entererd. A "hollow" sound usually indicates delamination. If the hull hasn't been kept in good condition the engine probably hasn't either.

By way of price check the internet for the same boat or call some out of state dealers to see what they have. I noticed the other day that Oakdale Yachts on the South Shore of LI had one in their lot on Montauk highway.

Good luck

Ray

The 1801 has got to be one of the 'largest' 18's on the market today.
If she passes inspection, it should be a great boat for years to come. :wink:

FishFactory - do you have any pics of your old ride? I've got a 98 and I am thinking about a hard top.

flydoc - congrats. I hope that the deal works out for you. She is a VERY forgiving hull.

SamR":3lh5bwib said:
FishFactory - do you have any pics of your old ride? I've got a 98 and I am thinking about a hard top.

flydoc - congrats. I hope that the deal works out for you. She is a VERY forgiving hull.

Yes I do. I have no idea of how to post, but if you will message me an address, be glad to send a copy or two.

A year and a half ago, I bought a 1998 with a 130 Yamaha. I can tell you that I have not been sorry for one minute.

Enjoy it! I do!

I can't wait for spring!
I've had my eyes on Parkers for a while.
Thanks for the encouragement.

Back