Help Trolling Motor Nightmare

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Started boating a few years ago, My whole family has gotten into it, but we got tired of the pounding of our Montauk. I made the decision to buy a new 2021 21se, I opted to get a trolling motor, I boat in a rocky area and take family members that don’t fish bottom fishing snd the spot lock makes it nice. I went with a minn kota 112lb 36v 72 inch motor and a shuttle slide SS-9-HD mount.

I went to a minn kota dealer and didn’t think I was going to get screwed around. First they mounted tbe motor down the middle of tbe bow. Then they kept insisting it was right. Finally I sent the boat back and they moved the mount.

I was out yesterday bottom fishing in a little bit of a chop. I noticed a little bit of play in my motor on the bracket I then noticed the bracket was kind of seperated from the cap of the boat.

I took the first picture and the shuttle mount needs 6 bolts they use 4 bolts with fender washers and then screws. The screws are now popped out in tbe gront

What are my options here? Can I maybe use a toggle bolt, the access to the back of the deck is what is tough here. What about if maybe I take the fender washer and crazy glue it to the nut, this will make it so I don’t have to hold the washer, then try to reach in wirh an extender and tighten the bolt. Honestly I am nervous about more of the install as well from seeing this amateu

Can I run the boat like this and just not use the trolling motor? The Striper bite has been hit

I have the Parker gel coat for the deck to fix the holes

first pic-install down the middle of the bow
Second pic- way I wanted it
Third pic, view of bolts and screws

i am not that handy as well so trying to learn as I go. Willing to pay a shop to fix it. I am in Connecticut.
The MinnKota Dealer installer was obviously a hack to mount it that way to begin with.
They should have been responsible for doing repairs to make the boat the way they found it before that install.

The MinnKota Dealer installer was obviously a hack to mount it that way to begin with.
They should have been responsible for doing repairs to make the boat the way they found it before that install.
They refunded me for the whole install…..new shop mounted the plate and fixed the fiber glass

Back