Quantcast

Help with Attaching Pictures

Classic Parker

Help Support Classic Parker:

TomS

Administrator
Reaction score
As you may have noticed, the forum software has been upgraded to support the attachment of pictures to forum posts. This means that all registered users can now upload their pictures directly to the Classic Parker website, without having to upload them onto another server first.

Attaching pictures to your post is a very straightforward process. There is an "Add an Attachment" section below the main window where you enter your post or reply. Click on the "Browse" button to search for the file you wish to attach, enter a short description in the "File Comment" section, and then click on "Add Attachment". Once your file has been uploaded you can then add another attachment or Preview/Submit your message.

At the current time, the maximum file size for an attachment is 256KB. The maximum image size for an attachment is 800x800 pixels. We will try these settings for a while and adjust as necessary.

As an FYI, Microsoft offers a free image resizing tool for Windows XP that makes it extremely easy to resize your images and drastically reduce the size of the file at the same time.

The photo RESIZING software can be downloaded HERE.

Once this software is installed, you can right click on any image file in a File Explorer window and one of the menu choices will be "Resize Pictures". Choose the "SMALL" or "MEDIUM" size and the program will quickly resize the picture for you. Note that a new smaller file is created with (Small) or (Medium) in the filename when you resize, so your original files aren't modified.

Please use this tool to help shrink your image files, even if they are already the right size. There is a lot of extra 'stuff' in a standard image file that isn't necessary for pictures that are just going to be viewed over the web, and creating smaller files makes it that much easier and faster for others to view them.

Please DO NOT post your pictures here and link to them in other forums! There are plenty of free picture hosting sites out there, and Classic Parker is not one of them :)

Please let me know if you have any questions!

-- Tom

Attachments

Megabyte

Reaction score
Nice job Tom. Well done!

For ClassicParker users who use a Macintosh instead of Windows (like me), there is an excellent shareware graphic manipulation application called GraphicConverter that you can use to re-size your images before uploading.

GraphicConverter can be downloaded here: http://www.lemkesoft.com/en/index.htm

TomS

Administrator
Reaction score
Just a bit of quick follow-up info, as I have received some questions in the past.

Once you have resized the file on your local PC, and entered your message in the forum, at the bottom of the screen you will see an "Add an Attachment" section.

Click on Browse to select the file on your computer that you wish to upload. You can optionally add a description that will show up with the picture.

Once the file is selected, then click the "Add Attachment" button to upload the picture to the forum. and then you can choose to Preview the message with the pictures attached, or post the message by clicking "Submit".

-- Tom

popschandler

Reaction score
TomS said:
As you may have noticed, the forum software has been upgraded to support the attachment of pictures to forum posts. This means that all registered users can now upload their pictures directly to the Classic Parker website, without having to upload them onto another server first.

Attaching pictures to your post is a very straightforward process. There is an "Add an Attachment" section below the main window where you enter your post or reply. Click on the "Browse" button to search for the file you wish to attach, enter a short description in the "File Comment" section, and then click on "Add Attachment". Once your file has been uploaded you can then add another attachment or Preview/Submit your message.

At the current time, the maximum file size for an attachment is 256KB. The maximum image size for an attachment is 800x800 pixels. We will try these settings for a while and adjust as necessary.

As an FYI, Microsoft offers a free image resizing tool for Windows XP that makes it extremely easy to resize your images and drastically reduce the size of the file at the same time.

Once this software is installed, you can right click on any image file in a File Explorer window and one of the menu choices will be "Resize Pictures". Choose the "SMALL" or "MEDIUM" size and the program will quickly resize the picture for you. Note that a new smaller file is created with (Small) or (Medium) in the filename when you resize, so your original files aren't modified.

Please use this tool to help shrink your image files, even if they are already the right size. There is a lot of extra 'stuff' in a standard image file that isn't necessary for pictures that are just going to be viewed over the web, and creating smaller files makes it that much easier and faster for others to view them.

Please DO NOT post your pictures here and link to them in other forums! There are plenty of free picture hosting sites out there, and Classic Parker is not one of them :)

-- Tom[/quote

Sorry to be so late getting back to you. I made a copy of you instructions. Thank you very much. Pops

popschandler

Reaction score
popschandler":30pzy2f0 said:
TomS":30pzy2f0 said:

-- Tom[/quote

Sorry to be so late getting back to you. I made a copy of you instructions. Thank you very much. Pops

Attachments

SCL

Reaction score
Hi, trying to upload pictures. I resized it to correct dimension, but when I try to submit. it says, "PSD not allowed"
Any suggestions? I'm, using a Mac.
Thanks, Steve

fess

Reaction score
I hope this helps
SCL":15oer5cw said:
Hi, trying to upload pictures. I resized it to correct dimension, but when I try to submit. it says, "PSD not allowed"
Thanks, Steve
I use Iphoto and what I do to change the size is, I export the picture and during the process you have the opportunity to resize the picture and save as a new file.

Megabyte

Reaction score
SCL":3100va2u said:
I use a Mac as well and have never seen "PSD not allowed".
I resize in either iPhoto or GraphicConverter.

TomS

Administrator
Reaction score
PSD tells me you are using photoshop and are trying to upload the photoshop project file and not the picture itself. From photoshop you should have an option to save the file as a JPG file. You can either do a "Save As" and then select JPG from the file type drop down box, or you can "Save for Web" or words to that effect - again select JPG as the file type.

-- Tom

Latest posts