Help with livewell

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

veiszb

Reaction score
I have a 2005 2320. I am looking to install a livewell. Can you please give me ideas of where is the best place it should go. And if you have pictures would appreciate it too. Thank you in advance

If you have a transom bracket as I do, I mounted mine to transom bracket on the port side. mine is a Kodiak tank. I can't get you a pic now as I am 3 hours away from it but could in about a week.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Is it hard to get bait out of the tank having to lean over so much. Also does it throw off the balancing? please send the pic when you get time. No rush. Thank you again

Briand31":39ylqnkn said:
If you have a transom bracket as I do, I mounted mine to transom bracket on the port side. mine is a Kodiak tank. I can't get you a pic now as I am 3 hours away from it but could in about a week.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Multi reasons why thats not a good idea.

Kodiak tanks are Top notch.

1] If your pulling a bait out of the tank and it flips.....It's Gone into the drink and you freed it.
If tank is on the deck...Bait lands on deck and you can still use it.

2] Water weighs 8.2lbs per gal.....Saltwater is 8.3lbs per gal.

So a average Livewell holds 30gal...Yes there are bigger and smaller ones. 30 X 8.3 = 249lbs Lets round it to 250lbs.

250lbs additional weight behind the transom is NOT where you want additional weight.

The difficult part with a livewell is the plumbing..so you need a tank tall enough to discharge over the side.

Here's one I built....I still have it and would sell it....But Shipping would be high due to size. This was a specific 30gal drum. If I remember right....It cost $40....But It was $60 to ship.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12419&start=300

transom bait tank means shuffling with the guys soaking baits off the back, out here on the west coast we place it in the middle of the deck but closer to the door. helps weight distribution so it doesn't make the boat more ass heavy and allows anyone to get to the tank when the transom has people fishing it or fighting a fish.

Makes a nice work area as well when not fishing.

D

Thank you. I was leaning toward a tank right in front on the battery door on the deck, so that i can have the chairs out and then still have room to move around

We are getting ready to do the same thing. Just ordered a 38 gallon tank from Bluewater. Can’t wait to get it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would put it dead center and just far enough back so your wheelhouse door can still open. I have a 2820 with a 130 gallon oval Bluewater tank in that position. Works great and still leaves tons of deck room.

Attachments

• 20170317_144202.jpg
    20170317_144202.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 30
130gal......Damn! What are you doing with it? Collecting specimens for a aquarium?

130gal X 8.3 = 1079lbs..... and thats without fish in it.

I'd be real curious to see your plumbing? Sticking a Livewell in the center of a deck is easy......Plumbing it....Under the deck.....well thats another matter.....

i added a kodiak flow thru tank to my 23 se cc. another reason i put it where i did is i could plumb the new pump and in hose etc up theu the battery box and not have to make any holes in the deck except screws to hold it down.
the drain/outflow hose just lays in the splash well by the scuppers. could put overboard but i sometimes use the same area for bleeding fish so it keeps it clean.
AA03EBE1-900C-489A-AFE4-3B84514B7ED3.jpeg

Back