Help with maintenance parts

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, I've been reading through lot's of threads regarding Parker fuel tanks. Much good information. Many posts discuss inspecting and changing the fuel sender gasket as a preventative measure. I'm not an expert at forums and I've searched and not been able to find where one would find the gasket? Would someone please let me know what gasket I need and where to purchase. I've looked at Cecile Marine and not seen it there. Don't mean to be ignorant but there is also mention of O-Ring replacements on hatch covers, I'll look again but don't recall seeing the manufacturer of the hatch listed so I would also appreciate any help in identifying the brand for replacement rings. Thanks in advance for your help and will try to keep the questions to a minimum.

Thanks Brent! I actually found almost everything. The label was a little worn and the tank looks pretty good. It’s dry down there. I found the manufacturer of the deck plates and will be ordering replacement o-rings. I doubt the fuel sender gasket has ever been replaced, it doesn’t appear to be leaking, would you replace it anyway? Thanks again for the reply.

Attachments

• 716B3E7C-F885-4C7B-8AC3-EE9C8B3CCC0E.jpeg
    716B3E7C-F885-4C7B-8AC3-EE9C8B3CCC0E.jpeg
    169.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 282C8CF0-0764-4354-A357-8BC1B27B32A2.jpeg
    282C8CF0-0764-4354-A357-8BC1B27B32A2.jpeg
    147.1 KB · Views: 28
I would not replace gasket now and carefully snug or tighten each bolt and would order extra gaskets. I would replace deck hatches. Remove old, cleanup mess and wood edges. Seal wood with epoxy . Install new hatches and bed well. I would contact the tank builder, too for tank and stringer layout - if available from them and save online and make hard copies and add to a binder.

You might check or replace the bonding wire on tank by sender.

You could pull the ASV , take apart and inspect if dirty or rusty inside. Good idea to Pull fuel pickup tubes assembly and replace at some point.
If fuel hose if old, replace . Add A Racor fuel filter. Check bonding wire from fuel fill to tank. Check O ring on fuel fill . Check tank vent on hull is tight and has not moved. Check screws on fuel fill are tight. Check all hose clamps are tight. I think fuel fill hose should be double clamped.

Last edited:
I just replaced my fuel sender unit and it was quite a project. Almost all the threaded inserts in the tank broke loose when I tried to remove the screws even after soaking them Kroil. Anyway I ended up getting a Moeller gasket along with some stainless steel screws and had to feed the screws from the center hole to the individual screw holes from inside the tank. Fortunately the screw holes in the gasket were undersized and held the screws in place. I carefully inserted the sender then the sealing washers and nuts. Gasket seals tightly. Be careful not to over compress the gasket.

If your adding a Racor........Get the Stainless mount.....Those Black alum mounts look like a ball of crap in 3yrs.

Back