Hi All- new member 2540DC

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just keep swimming

Reaction score
Hi all- really excited to be part of the family here- i was looking for DCs and stumbled upon Linwood’s videos, and loved the story. I appreciate they got bought by a private equity backed firm, but I choose to believe they are still going to do the right thing. I think the whole “Out on the reef” exchange proved this- and I’m not taking sides- I love Ootr videos and guidance, but I think even he appreciates the quality here and the great boats- and I think Parker did what they should have done which is offer to replace or repair. I hope to interact with you all.

Yeah dude, you are going to need to post some pics man! You are not "officially" a member until you do.

Fair enough- Ive put 10 hours on in my first weekend of possession and I love it. Not crazy about the bow rise to get to plane, and still trying to figure out 3-5’ seas and what speed is appropriate, but the rest is pure joy. My dealer sent me a pic which I will share that shows it versus the grady275- the parker could swallow it whole! It turns heads for sure.

Interior shot- for what its worth, I live in Boston and according to almost every dealer I talked with, the dual consoles are flying off the shelves up here. I did a f-ton of research on fuel econ, layout, price, cost of ownership, and the is the best value for money I could find by far.

But... where are the pics? You might have to downsize the image to get it to post. This forum cannot handle high res pics.

Hi, great looking boat, I have been looking at the same as a combo fishing / family boat. 60% fishing 40% family use. I fish coastal and offshore. how do you feel the boat handles for 30 to 60 mile offshore fishing activities? I believe that it would be better that a CC from a comfort standpoint and still give the seating my family wants.

WELCOME ABOARD!! Very nice looking boat enjoy it brother

Thanks guys. Vgodly1- When I was looking earlier this year I saw just about everything we sell in the northeast DC-wise - and man, what a huge range of prices! I stumbled on Parker as part of that process and just kind of fell for the whole Linwood humble and tough as heck story- funny enough, I’m in the NE and my brother is a hardcore florida offshore fisherman - I have never asked him what KIND of boat he ran, just knew that he loves to go very far- turns out it was a Parker 23SC and he thought they were the battlewagons of the sea, which closed the deal for me. My three finalists were grady 275, this and the 26ft edgewater- i just couldn’t get over the price difference and the length/beam of this model. I can’t speak to more than 30+ miles offshore but i bet the CC And Sc/WA folks with the same hull Can- what i will say is that the ride is dry, 3-5 ft seas are no problem, and the huge hard top ensures at least 60% of the boat is covered, which makes a huge positive difference. MTC...

One more thing- our kids are young- so it is really nice having them upfront and not running along the gunnels to the side of the cc- that’s what the wife loves.

Parker stands behind their product.

love that DC great lines and nice choice in the color. Congrats!

I have the same DC 2021 just hit 25 hours and did the 20 hour service. The Bow rise was also a concern but I learned to set the tabs down before throttling up and adjust from there. Its made big a difference. Really happy with her overall. Fit and finish is impressive. I did battle with some raw water in the bilge .. but corrected with some missed production check points on some of the raw water fittings. Tightened and took care of those. I do however get rain and washdown water in the bilge - (couple gallons) Does anyone think that is not normal and or she should be a dry boat ? FYI> the front bilge is 100% dry. Overall the boat is amazing !

Attachments

• IMG_1515.jpg
    IMG_1515.jpg
    676.4 KB · Views: 16
Back