Hi!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeD

Reaction score
Hi All,

Been browsing the site for a few months now, and it has been very helpful. So, thank you. I live in Monmouth County NJ, and do a lot of surf/pier fishing. I have been dreaming of owning a Parker for a few years, and my time has come. Got the $$, got the OK from the wife! So, I've been in touch via phone with a local dealer. I want the 21' DVSC with 150hp Yamaha. As far as options, I just want the rocket launcher, spreader lights and wash down. With commissioning, freight, and bottom paint, he gave me a list price of $45,539, and said he could do between $42-43k -before electronics and trailer. There electronics package is separate, and I'm comfortable with those details. My question: Is 42-43 fair for this set-up? Does anyone know what kind of mark-up exists on parkers? Was hoping someone else had purchased a similar boat new. Any info appreciated. Look forward to posting and talking about these awesome boats!

Thanks

Mike

MikeD":1dqj7r8f said:
... my time has come. Got the $$, got the OK from the wife!
Mike:

Sorry, I can't help you on the pricing as I bought mine well used. But ...

Welcome aboard ClassicParker!

Don't forget to name the boat after your wife ;) ...

That price is probably about right. I'm guessing you're going with the 4 stroke engine? Plus prices probably inched up a bit due to inflation.

We bought our '04 2120 with the 150hp 2 stroke (150TXRC) new, and the final price came in just over $42K. That's with electronics (and installation) and options. No trailer, as I bought that seperately (about $1500, brakes 1 axle as I only do short distance hauling and use the trailer for winter storage).

Lowrance LMS335C, Horizon VHF, rocket launcher, spreader light, bow pulpit with roller, swim step, port w/w wiper (I think this is standard now).

It's a nice boat. But then, I haven't met a Parker I didn't like.

John

Hi Mike. I just bought a 2006 2120SC 155 hours with a 150 4 stroke and aluminum bunk trailer for $35k with an additional 3 year warranty for $ 900. Boat looks brand new.
Also was previously looking at a 2004 for $30k. Hope this helps.

rplas48

Hi Mike!

I think you are in the right ball park for a new purchase. I have the washdown, launchers, Spreader light (one is all anyone would ever need), auto retract tabs, pulpit w/ roller, windlass, swim ladder and F150. I think I paid $38,500 before all the options in 2004. There was a boat show special at the Annapolis show this year with NO options w/ F150 for right at $40k no trailer. A couple of things about the newer models:

Like -- the tray to the right of the helm seat, standard port wiper, extra cabin cushion for aisle, taller post for all around mast light, tackle storage under bench seat.

Dislike -- bumpy cabin top, cabin roof vent/opening (I stand on this for a casting platform, glad they didn't have them in '04), jumpseat handles.

Options I would get if buying today -- Opening port windshield, Pulpit w/ roller and windlass, launchers, spreader light, washdown, extra height bow rail.

What I wish Parker would add -- Bulkhead mount second station option, Floor level fish locker (long and narrow is okay) with removeable insulated insert, better adhesive for carpet on cabin ceiling, less aggressive and easier to clean nonskid, higher quality helm chair, red cockpit lighting. I'm sure there's more I can come up with but this is a start.

Good luck with your 2120, it's a wonderful craft! Do learn how to load it carefully back onto the trailer - that's when folks really scar their hulls.

Back