How are our friends in Florida after Ian....

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gman1001

Reaction score
Thinking of those in FLA after seeing the destruction from this storm. @GoodChance, a member who has provided me with great information on my 2300 I think lives in the Tampa area and I hope is safe and sound.

Trust all is well and you all are safe.

Thank you!!

I'm good. We had some really strong wind gusts on Wednesday evening from 5-9pm at 100-110 mph. We lost electricity around 4pm that same day and didn't return until Saturday late afternoon.

We lost about a dozen trees and my 15 year-old roof now needs to be replaced (I'm not going to run it through insurance). And a few other small things around the house were busted-up by the wind but nothing major.

I had 2 boats stored in the leeward side of the house and both were unscathed by the storm.

Spend 3 days cleaning up and then helping my neighbors do the same.

The folks about 50 miles to the south of me really took a beating in Charlotte, Lee and Collier counties where life-loss and property was much more significant.

For future reference.... when the NHC gives a cone of uncertainty, and you fall at the very edge of that cone .... you better take precautions as if you are going to take a direct hit. On Tuesday evening, the NHC still predicted landfall in the Tampa area (just as they had predicted for the previous 2 days. On Wednesday morning we all woke up to see the forecast had changed to a Ft. Myers landfall. This gave those folks about 6-8 hours to get ready. All along, Ft Myers was either outside the cone or barely inside.

Again, thanks for checking. We are good!

I live in Fl...........Pensacola,Fl. While a Lot of the state has been devastated....We are having some Premo weather here. Low humidity...[That's a BIG deal Here] Cooler temps. Enough were It's been nice working on my Hot Rod.....Stripping to bare metal.....and some sandblasting...with out rusting immediately....or dying in a Tyvex suit.

Attachments

• Pensacola,Fl..jpg
    Pensacola,Fl..jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 1
Like our friend in lower Alabama we too are feeling the cooler temps which make clean up easier.

I wish everyone good luck in trying to get back to normal. Ft Myers got ambushed and had little time to prep. A lot of nice boats got caught up in the storm with no where to go and no time to get there.

Back