How did your boat get its name????

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When we got the boat it had a different name. So following in the sea man's tradition, I purged my mighty Parker of her original name. Went the entire first season nameless. 365 days later she was re-commissioned Puddleduck. A name presented by my wife after her favorite children's story, Jemima The Puddleduck.

Needless to say, I was disillusioned. I had visions of something along the lines of Bloody Decks, or Hookin' Finger; something that would sound manly-man over the VHF.

Then I figured, "What the heck" and King Neptune seemed pleased as he granted us a full "box" the first day out on the mighty Puddleduck.

rangerdog":1hl1oipw said:
When we got the boat it had a different name. So following in the sea man's tradition, I purged my mighty Parker of her original name...

You did carve the old name onto a surf weathered board and tossed it into the bilge didn't you? If you didn't, the gods will get even.

"C" DREAMS represents the first letter of the names of our five grandchildren, both children, mothers, sister, etc. (Cara, David, Rachel, Elizabeth, Ann, Michael, Susan, .........) Everyone in out extended family. Took my wife and I about 5 hours while pulling our first Parker 18 home from the purchase to figure this out. "C" DREAMS 2 was the natural choice for our present 21SE.

For the last 22 years, my favorite thing to do has been to catch tuna. Growing up in Southern Cal, I was addicted to catching albacore and yellowfin every summer. I started even younger with targeting bonito, but the first taste of a 30lb. tuna hooked me deeply.

As I got older and started to flyfish on Martha's Vineyard, I became aware of the unbelievable fun of catching bonito and skipjack on a flyrod. About 7 years ago, the guide I fish with had a report of skipjack and school bluefin going off about 14 miles south of the Hooter. The only problem was that he was guiding from a 21 Hewes at the time. However, we had a weather window of flat seas and 5-10 winds, so off we went. It was ridiculous to join the 40-50' sportfishers heading south past Wasque, but we got there and found some great weedlines that were holding.

Spent most of the afternoon spanking 10 lb skipjacks on 8wts and had a blast. When I got home and told my wife about our day and how far offshore we were, she told me that I was a lunatic. I replied that I was a Tunatic, and the name has graced my boats ever since. Still need to put a tunoid on the Parker. This summer looks prime, just need to have the fish cooperate.

T-Bro

Attachments

• small parker in Tashmoo.jpg
    small parker in Tashmoo.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 2,235
I haven't put a name on her yet.

Thinking about a few:

Top pick is

Playin' Hooky - and adding a graphic that makes the y on "hooky" look like a fish hook.

Mine was an easy choice :lol:

-- Tom

Attachments

• P7060835.JPG
    P7060835.JPG
    162.8 KB · Views: 2,233
My name is Lee

The boat, Leeward

Fishing out of Golden Hill Md (Honga River)

Buddah Magoo: If you ever saw a picture of me, you'd know where the "Buddah" comes from. My kid looked alot like Mr. Magoo when first born. Hence, Buddah Magoo....

Attachments

• boat-name.jpg
    boat-name.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 2,114
Named the boat El Nino. I have three little boys. Our roots are in Spain. El Nino is spanish for little boy. I plan to use the boat as a flyfishing machine 99% of the time and a runabout for the family 1% of the time. If they take an interest in boating then looks like a 21SE or 23SE is in my future.

mine is named after a horse. my daughter is a upper level dressage rider with an FEI dutch warmblood gelding named woody. No jokes about a gelding named woody now :D ). It has always been take woody here, take woody there, go and work woody, feed woody, baith woody ... i finally decided that i needed a woody too!

-bo

Attachments

• woodytoo.jpg
    woodytoo.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 2,069
My wife wanted me to name it after her but no way. I picked the name
HIGH FIVE because that is what you do when you land a nice fish or come home from a great night of hooping with a whole bait tank full of lobsters. Summer is here!!

Attachments

• 109108IMG_1678-med.jpg
    109108IMG_1678-med.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 859
I have a wife, two daughters and a son. Tried to name it after the three girls but, it wasn't working. So after about a year of tring to come up with something, I kept coming back to the Montgomerty Gentry song Lucky Man. So there you go.

Yo Ho is named after a line from the song at Pirates of the Caribbean at Walt Dizzy World...

Yo Ho, Yo Ho, a Pirate's Life for Me...

My wife and I love that ride...

DSC_02372007-08-08.jpg

"Scoundrel" is a name that was passed to me from my Father's boats. Scoundrel was a race horse in the late 60's that my Dad read about in the paper on a plane........yep that's it. It fit the family. The name has graced a Bertram 24 Moppie, 28, 31, 35, 38, 42 and finally a 50 over 3 decades. For me it has named a whaler 13, robalo 22, hydra sport 24, Contender 27, parker 23 and now a parker 25xld. Have never thought of using another name. The scoundrels will be around as long as any of us are!! :lol:

Back