How did your boat get its name????

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When ships were wood and men were made of iron, the word DORYMATE was the highest word of respect one fishermen could use for another.

Named in honor of my Mother who passed away the year before I purchased the boat. The butterfly has a significance too. My mother was very religious and asked my sister, the day before she died, if she would go to heaven. My sister responded, "yes" and asked mom to send a sign. My sister said, mom when yo get to heaven, send me a butterfly. The day we buried my mother (February '06 -- winter in the Northeast) a butterfly landed on my father's headstone. No doubt in my mind......

Attachments

• Sara F.jpg
    Sara F.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 803
I would take advantage of any opportunity to get out of the office and out on the boat. My secretary always felt guilty about fibbing about my whereabouts.
So, when I bought the Parker, I gave it a name that allowed her to be truthful in her response and reflects what I am actually doing.

Now, if someone calls looking for me and I'm out fishing, she just tells them he's on the "Other Line".

Attachments

• 021608 001 (Small).jpg
    021608 001 (Small).jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 796
This one was easy . . . it is what I had after I purchased her!

I have come to FULLY understand the ‘hole in the water’ syndrome and why BOAT means ‘Break Out Another Thousand’.

EmptyPockets2.jpg

Kevin G.

This was the original plan:

yo_ho.gif

A friend pointed out that "Yo Ho" could be interpreted as Jive for "Hey Prostitute". I decided not to use that name but it was already too late. The name has stuck and my friends refer to the boat as "The Ho". They like to ask me, "How much money have you been spending on the ho?"

The name that I actually gave the boat is my wife's nickname:

newid.JPG

No, she is not a Parker. She is a Steiger Craft. I really am an interloper on this forum.

I had a difficult time naming my Parker as I used all the good names for my previous boats. I don't like to continue the saga of a boat by naming another after it. When I sell a boat I let it go.

Between me and my friends I have gained a reputation of being a relentless fisherman who will fish the sun away and back again. When I get called on the radio while fishing to see how I am doing I would always respond I'm MAXED OUT. So I gave my boat this motivational name "MAXOUT"

The previous Owner had named the boat when he bought it new. 18 years later, after he had unexpectedly passed away, I aquired the boat from his estate. His daughter is a good friend and in deference to her father, whom I've been assured that we would have gotten along grandly, I kept the name.
Thus she is "SandPiper".

My 2120 is named Get The Net II. Get the net came from a buddy of mine and I would tell each Get the net when we had a fish on instead of fish on or hooked up.

Interloper":22kporw6 said:
The name has stuck and my friends refer to the boat as "The Ho". They like to ask me, "How much money have you been spending on the ho?"

The name that I actually gave the boat is my wife's nickname:

"Christinaki" sounds like an endearing Greek name, like "little" Christine. Very cute.

:shock: God, I hope you friends stopped asking you how much money you've been spending on uh....your boat! :shock:

The name of my Parker is rather unique. My grandfather and my mother
lived together in their later years after their spouses passed on. They had
a saltwater boat as they were both avid bay fishing people.(The Delaware bay and the Chesapeake). Came time to name the boat they and my brother came up with a combo. of their last names. My Grandfathers
last name was Miles and my Mothers married name was Dewey.
So they abreviated the two and came up with the "Mildew" That was
the original mildew from years past. When I moved back to Delaware from Georgia two and a half years ago I bought a 2520 Parker,which
might I add is one fishing machine..It was only proper to carry on with the original name and make it the "Mildew2" notice that the coloring on
the name is a somewhat mildew green color...

Attachments

• P6250223.jpg
    P6250223.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 402
tinmantoo, sheet metal h v a c business had other parkers, too is also or possive nick name on jobs tin nocker 23 w.a.

Boat's name: Final-Lee

In 1987 we bought the second Parker to come to Cape May, NJ after upgrading from a Wellcraft. Now we "finally" had a boat big enough to do everything we wanted. Grandfathers middle name was lee so we got Final-lee.

Porkchunker":3hny8cap said:
WRT "Tina's Diamond." At our 10th anniversary (vacation in N. Italy) I told my bride that if she stayed with me for another 10 years, I'd buy her the diamond of her choice. At the 19 year point, I was retiring from the Army, changing careers, and finishing up a Masters Degree in computer science. I was stressed and needed an outlet. Ended up buying the Parker. About a month after the boat was delivered, she commented that I no longer had the $$$ for her diamond. To which I responded..."of course I do"...to which she responded "...no you don't...I pay the bills..." :shock: :shock: :shock: I stammered and stuttered, did a tap-dance or two, and said "...why don't we call the boat "Tina's Diamond"..."? It stuck, and my bride is still with me 4.5 years later. Now I have to figure out how to make ammends for our 25th. :?: :?: :?

Well...we are going to Hawaii for two weeks this Oct. More than what I thought I'd pay for a diamond 15 years ago, but less than the Parker.

Back