How is my 2300DV sitting on the trailer?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gman1001

Reaction score
New to me 2300DV. Does it look like it is sitting correctly on the trailer? Going by the bottom edge of the hull lining up nicely with the fender I'd think so... But, the deep v of the bow sits so low that water can never drain out the back unless I somehow raise the neck of the trailer to a crazy level...

One thing I plan on doing is 1) lower the rear of the bunks a few inches... 2) Raise the front of the bunks a few inches.

Any other thoughts or observations on this setup?

F7C9CAE1-855E-4EE5-ADFA-82207A9D0ED7.jpeg

Last edited:
yea.
looks high in the stern.
looks to be plenty of room to bring down the bunks.
are there smaller “v bunks” up towards the bow ?
also looks like your not even all the way forward to the stopper.
think the trailer needs a good “once over” and be re set up for your boat.
bunks should be level with the trailer - not higher or lower one end or another.
this boat came with this trailer ?

Got it. No, no fwd. bunks. There is a sort of 'V' guide though. where the hull can be supported. Boat sits about 1" above that though. (currently)

Correct, Not all the way to the stopper/winch. I want to rework that a bit. The winch on the front support post needs to be raised.

Yes, boat came with this trailer, but I have little trust in the people I bought it from! :) Thats ok. I'm fine tweaking things. The foundation of the trailer is good.

I was thinking that with the depth of the bow.. Meaning the Deep V being so low, I could improve deck drainage by raising the front of the bunks a bit.

everything on the trailer and the boat on that should be set up level to each other and the bow should def be against the bow stop.

level most evenly distributes weight and is the safest way to trailer. when not trailering, to improve drainage, park on un level ground or put something on the ground under the tongue jack to raise the some when unhitched (don’t forget to chalk the wheels)

I don't know if this would help.. but just in case

Attachments

• 23 DV HULL.pdf
    57 KB · Views: 85
The other problem I'm having is that my truck hitch is too low to the ground. (Standard Tundra) The fwd. cross brace for the boat which dips in the middle, hits speed bumps and can't make it down a ramp. It gets hung up on the crest of the ramp. I have to disconnect trailer and have my clubs fork lift the trailer into the water.

So that leaves me with having to put a lift kit on the truck or re-engineering the trailer a bit!

I already did flip the ball hitch mount, which had a 2" drop. So by flipping it I gained 4" which still is not enough.

GRRR

The hull looks even over the fender wells. I think you just need to move the boat forward to get the transom on the bunks. Running the way it sits can/will cause the bottom to warp giving you a hook in the bottom.

On second look it looks like the bunks should be moved back because the weight on the hitch may be a little much. There is a lot of boat/weight forward of the axles. You have a bit of a Carolina Squat going on there.

The other problem I'm having is that my truck hitch is too low to the ground. (Standard Tundra) The fwd. cross brace for the boat which dips in the middle, hits speed bumps and can't make it down a ramp. It gets hung up on the crest of the ramp. I have to disconnect trailer and have my clubs fork lift the trailer into the water.

So that leaves me with having to put a lift kit on the truck or re-engineering the trailer a bit!

I already did flip the ball hitch mount, which had a 2" drop. So by flipping it I gained 4" which still is not enough.

GRRR
You might want to look at some adjustable hitch mounts to get the right drop or lift for your particular truck/trailer match up. Weigh Safe has some good options.
https://www.weigh-safe.com

I would first start by checking the tongue weight. It should be between *% to 10% of the total load. You can look on line how to do that with a bathroom scale or buy a specific tongue scale. Also, you should check the load and towing capacity of your truck. Once you have the proper information you can make adjustments on the trailer for the tongue weight, but if your truck is not rated for the load you may have towing issues. You may be able to raise the hitch, but that is not going to stop the front of the truck raising and making any long distance towing uncomfortable if not a bit dangerous.

I would first start by checking the tongue weight. It should be between *% to 10% of the total load. You can look on line how to do that with a bathroom scale or buy a specific tongue scale. Also, you should check the load and towing capacity of your truck. Once you have the proper information you can make adjustments on the trailer for the tongue weight, but if your truck is not rated for the load you may have towing issues. You may be able to raise the hitch, but that is not going to stop the front of the truck raising and making any long distance towing uncomfortable if not a bit dangerous.
For sure! My Tundra is rated to tow 10,200lbs Within a month from now I'll have it all weighed. I'm confident the truck has the power, but the brakes on this size truck are another story. I'd prefer a 2500 sized pickup/truck. But, it'll have to do for around town towing.

What is the trailer rating?
The axels are too far to the rear, creating an imbalance and tongue heavy.
Also, hard to tell from the photo, but is the bow eye above the roller? yikes!
And you need longer guide poles.
more photos could help further.

The trailer isn't setup correctly for the Parker.

First, the axles are too far back. Try to move the axles forward such that the front tire sits vertical with the middle/aft of the console. The rear tire should be slightly aft of the console. This will allow less weight on the tongue of the trailer and allow the boat to sit more level (right now you have too much weight on the tongue).

Attachments

• 23DVCC - F300.jpg
    23DVCC - F300.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_6536.JPG
    IMG_6536.JPG
    167.8 KB · Views: 43
Agree to all of these. Not sure if I can move the axels easily. But that is on the list! Bow eye is high on the list to adjust too. Thank you!

The trailer isn't setup correctly for the Parker.

First, the axles are too far back. Try to move the axles forward such that the front tire sits vertical with the middle/aft of the console. The rear tire should be slightly aft of the console. This will allow less weight on the tongue of the trailer and allow the boat to sit more level (right now you have too much weight on the tongue).
Great guidance! Thank you!!

10B4BB45-C83B-4D9F-8024-E73E9D1FBB5B.jpeg
Axles are not too far back! As you can see, I have the same trailer and axles are exactly the same spot. The issue is that the boat is too far forward on the trailer. By about 1 1/2 to 2 feet. Bunks may need to come aft a bit.

Unfortunately the trailers stickers are too far gone to tell the exact model. Mechanically the trailer is sound though. That much I am confident.
View attachment 30822
Axles are not too far back! As you can see, I have the same trailer and axles are exactly the same spot. The issue is that the boat is too far forward on the trailer. By about 1 1/2 to 2 feet. Bunks may need to come aft a bit.
That would certainly be easier than moving the axels!!! When I zoom in on your trailer, it looks like your bunks are about 18" past the ends of the trailer beams. Would you say that is correct? BTW, what year is your boat? Looks sweet and identical to mine! Mine is a 1998

Back