How is my 2300DV sitting on the trailer?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is a 2000. Have owned it since 2008.

Looking again at the comparative pictures, I'd say my bunks start in the same spot on the trailer as yours, but are about 2 feet longer off the back end. Easy switch to get 2x12 and make new bunks and cover them with indoor/outdoor carpeting. Also, you'd need to move your post back a bit at the front of the trailer. It looks like the center arm it is attached to comes out further in the front on your trailer compared to mine. Whole thing should be slid back to match up to the new balance point.

Mine is a 2000. Have owned it since 2008.

Looking again at the comparative pictures, I'd say my bunks start in the same spot on the trailer as yours, but are about 2 feet longer off the back end. Easy switch to get 2x12 and make new bunks and cover them with indoor/outdoor carpeting. Also, you'd need to move your post back a bit at the front of the trailer. It looks like the center arm it is attached to comes out further in the front on your trailer compared to mine. Whole thing should be slid back to match up to the new balance point.
I like it. I’ll have to figure out my center arm. It dead ends at a cross member. Easy to solve. New cross member and push back the center arm!

do you know how far back your bunks extend beyond the end of the trailer?
Great ideas!!

Not sure if thisView attachment 30843View attachment 30844 will help but this is how my trailer is set up for a 2300.
It does! Really confirms what another has said about having the front wheel of trailer at about the back side of the console. Of course all of this should be more scientific with scales etc... That will have to wait. I'm off to the depot to buy pressure treated 3x12's for new bunks!

Thanks for the pics!

Don't know if it's the pic angle but your truck doesn't appear to be level nor your trailer. Most hitches I have seen do not provide that same distance rise as they do drop. i.e. A 2" drop would provide a 3/4" rise when turned upside down.

Have the empty trailer sitting in front of my house now. Measured it up. Distance from very front where the ball sits to the base of the winch post is just shy of 6 feet.

Overall length of the bunks is 10 feet

Bunks extend beyond the aft cross bar by about 3 feet.

Attachments

• 9E2AD5F6-E285-416B-B5FF-2EC1D112C302.jpeg
    9E2AD5F6-E285-416B-B5FF-2EC1D112C302.jpeg
    5.1 MB · Views: 25
  • A76BF8D5-C6D0-4608-9D9D-A0DAF9524EC1.jpeg
    A76BF8D5-C6D0-4608-9D9D-A0DAF9524EC1.jpeg
    6.1 MB · Views: 25
  • 6545067F-BC70-4E01-A7D8-10435484DFF8.jpeg
    6545067F-BC70-4E01-A7D8-10435484DFF8.jpeg
    5.6 MB · Views: 23
Oops! Picture attached. Sorry about that.
Does not look good to me at all
You center the weight fore and aft on the trailer making sure the tongue weight is correct
boat looks too far on to trailer wheels appear too far aft
need to do this on level ground
from the photo the back wheel looks more compressed than the front
if the air pressure is good something else is going on

Bunks extend beyond the aft cross bar by about 3 feet.

Trailer is to small for that boat. This is a band-aid ploy by boat dealers.

Those bunks should extend behind that crossmember by 3in to have a really good fit.
Boat trailers are classified as a lot of times as

18 to 21
20 to 23
22 to 25

And they do this by what you have cheating the bunks.

My 23 Mako had a trailer that was for a 24 to 26.

It pulls better....It launches easier because the distance between the Bow and the hitch was longer....This keeps the tow vehicle out of the water.
The boat sis supported better.

Attachments

• 100_4831.JPG
    100_4831.JPG
    449.8 KB · Views: 27
Well, that has been the trailer since 2000. Towed it from North Carolina to Mass and stored it on it ever since. Bought the boat used and that's what it had. seems to work just fine.

Back