How to run wires/cable to the pilothouse from the transom?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rangerdog

Reaction score
I was looking at the boat last night. In planning the install of my new LowranceNET, I need to run three sensors from the stern area to the helm. The bundle that is there now goes down into the bilge in the stern and pops up as necessary: cockpit steering station and helm.

How in the world do I trace this route with my cables? Or do I need to find another route?

I guess the only other choice is under the gunnels.

Ha! I just realized that, unless I dreamed it, isn't there an access panel behind the helm station, down between the pilothouse deck and the pilothouse structure? True or false? Dang, I wish I didn't have to work!

How has everyone else run their transducers, etc.?

Thanks,
John

My 2320 has a 4in pvc tube housing all the wiring from the transom to the cock pit, it's on the stb side.

4" tube :?: ? Wow, that's generous! My '92 only has a staggered 2" tube running down the starboard gunnel, so that's packed with the electrical and then the cables run along it. My transducer and trim indicator cables run away from the main OB & electrical harness to avoid "noise" on those items.

4" PVC??? 2" PVC??? HA!!!! I have a hole under my console, and a hole in the deck at the starboard transom corner. From hole to hole, open air. What a beaut!!

Back