Hurricane Irene, East Coast Watch Thread

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Better to take it down.
Any canvas acts like a sail, and you don't need that.

Boat is on the trailer and secured( I hope!). Got all the ties tight and backed in close to my house. I don't think my flounder trip off Cape Henry is going to happen tomorrow.

coachbob":omy04fxx said:
I don't think my flounder trip off Cape Henry is going to happen tomorrow.

I have a feeling that Cape Henry is going to be a little bumped up tomorrow. :shock:

Ironic that I can say this. . . Good luck to everyone in the path of the storm! Here in FL. we pull our boats just because it is easier to deal with damage on dry land than in the water. Irene has actually brought us drier weather, too rough to fish, may have to windsurf.
Hope everyone fair's well with your Parkers and that you & family remain SAFE!

It is rockin and rollin in Eastern NC this morning...we have some pretty large storm surges across the area...You guys up north take care, you are next.

I got lucky. I pulled my boat to get some glass work done and they guy doing the work got delayed; he started working on it the other day but didn't get it done, it's still in a covered building.

Ran down to MD eastern shore yesterday to pull my boat. She is on the trailer along side of the garage. We have had the tide come into the yard a few times and about an inch in the garage once. I sure hope she is where I left her come tomorrow :roll: . Good luck everone!

Rain began falling in Annapolis at 1020 while I was checking my lines one last time.

Last check, in Seaford NY

Attachments

• hurricane hual out Irene.jpg
    hurricane hual out Irene.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 206
Sitting in RI waiting, boat is on the trailer ready for re-launch Tuesday

Our 45 year old home is at the junction of the South River and the Pamlico Sound. (About 20 miles due north of Cape Lookout and between Beaufort and Havelock NC). Just hoping the water did not get up into the house, and more importantly hope the yard did not become a permanent part of the Sound, because it can not be reclaimed. I put my boat at Capps Trailers in Kinston NC, and they also got hit hard. My Parker was in front of the 30+ foot triple 300 HP Yellowfin. I am going to wait a day or two to go check on the boat/house. Stressful times……

Craig

BGE power dropped here about 30 minutes ago.
Working on generator power.

Thank goodness for the 20kw Generac and an automatic transfer switch!
The sump pump is running about every 5 minutes here. :shock:

Really top notch marina I am in,the owners placing extra lines and bumpers for those who don't have a awesome dock girl like me :roll:

Attachments

• Hurrican Irene at the dock 003.JPG
    Hurrican Irene at the dock 003.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 178
  • Hurrican Irene at the dock 002.JPG
    Hurrican Irene at the dock 002.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 178
Conditions at TPLM2 as of
(9:00 pm EDT on 08/27/2011)
0100 GMT on 08/28/2011:
Unit of Measure: Time Zone:
Click on the graph icon in the table below to see a time series plot of the last five days of that observation.

Wind Direction (WDIR): N ( 360 deg true )
Wind Speed (WSPD): 44 kts
Wind Gust (GST): 49 kts
Peak for the period: 56 kts
Atmospheric Pressure (PRES): 29.21 in
Pressure Tendency (PTDY): -0.20 in ( Falling Rapidly )
Air Temperature (ATMP): 72.9 °F
Water Temperature (WTMP): 77.4 °F
Dew Point (DEWP): 72.9 °F
Combined plot of Wind Speed, Gust, and Air Pressure

Still on generator power here.

The light of day shows a coating of shredded leaves on everything...
Can see some tree damage but will wait for the winds to slack off a bit before inspecting further.
Sump pump continues to run about every 5 minutes. Thank goodness for Generac!

Hopefully our more northern members can let us know how they are faring.
Photos later...

Gettin pounded here on the coast in CT. Streets starting to flood now still got about 2 and a half hours until full high tide. Will post all the pics later.

Back