I have a ‘05 2120 with 200 Yamaha with bow riding high.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Gaitan

Reaction score
I have a ‘05 2120 with 200 Yamaha. I have a problem with the bow riding too high at slower speeds. I can’t look over the bow. I installed a Whale Tail Hydrofoil. It has helped very little and on higher speeds the boat now wants to tilt.
Doe anyone have any suggestions?
Joe

Do you have/are you using your trim tabs? Four blade props helped lower my bow. I don't have a whale tale. Can you move any weight forward?

You need to pop that hull up out of the water, on plane, and you'll see fine.
Agreed, if you are plowing water w/your bow, you'll never see over the trunk cabin.
Jump up on plane, Then settle back down, enjoy the ride.

Like sydngoose said, you need to be on plane. If your issue is that you can't plane at the speeds you need to travel, look into bigger trim tabs and a four-blade prop. The four-blade will give you better stern lift which will get you on plane at a lower speed. Tabs will help you control the bow. Additionally, try to keep as much weight forward (in the cabin) as you can.

Mercury Rev 4 Prop(may need flo torq IV Hub kit to reduce prop chatter at low RPM due to heavier stainless prop) and Permatrim instead of whale tale. Pretty simple modifications especially since you already have the whale tale and it will solve your problem and you will have a spare prop. Bigger tabs will definitely work as well, but you are getting into a bigger project with that.

Most boats have a certain RPM range where they are just going to ride bow high. Like others have said get past that point, on plain then you could let up on RPMS a little once you are on plain. When running at 2300 to about 2900 RPM our boat runs bow high so basically I don't run at those RPMS. We throw a huge wake, cant see well and only run a few knots faster

Back