I/O to outboard conversion 1990 2520 mvph

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rozi2520

Reaction score
Hello all. I’m pretty new to the forum. I am about to get rid of the 100 gallon fuel tank and I/O and replace with a 150 gallon tank and a Yamaha 250 with a bracket with a small swim platform. The boat currently has a 350 mph horizon with 400 hours on it. 60 gallon bait tank will remain on deck. How different will this boat ride? Is it going to be worth having the extra room in the boat and a generator? Any help,ideas,or comments I will listen. This is my first time doing a project like this. I will be taking pictures the whole project. Unless you guys talk me out of it. The fuel tank is the original 100 gallon tank and that’s what is inspiring this. I need more fuel for long runs and overnight trips.

A guy named Jonas at Flagship Marine did this exact conversion. His business is located in Stratford CT. He’s a good guy and may be able to give you some insight pretty sure he actually just bought the boat from the owner who ended up moving. I know the guy he did it for was very happy. Pretty sure he put a 300 ETEC on the bracket.

Even being a MV you would say go with the 300? I see tons of 2520 DV running 250’s. Is it worth the 4 grand?

Anyone in Ventura county have a fiberglass guy they-would recommend to fill hole in transom where the gimbal housing was and also repairing the deck after I install new fuel tank.?

$4000 more to go from 250 to 300?.....You need to shop some more and Yes Go to the 300.and Yes I had a MV.....It was a 2530 through.

Ventura county
Ahhhhhhh...Were supposed to know where that is?

Put your state and city so it shows in your profile. Like mine.

Agree with Warthhog5 on a 300. I put a Yamaha 250 4 stroke on my '91 25' center console Parker. With the extra weight on a 2520, you'd be wise to go up 50 hp. And if you are a savvy shopper, you don't necessarily have to spend $4000 more.

I had a 2520 MV with a 225 Yamaha. Couldn't cruise at 25 mph Actually could barely hit 25 WOT. Always wanted a "bit" more power. I would not have considered a 250 - too little margin, too far above 80% throttle on cruise at 28-29 mph. I think the 300 is a perfect fit. Had the 190 gallon tank - anything else would have been too small as I fished 60-90 miles offshore fairly often.

Well I took your guys advice and ended up purchasing a 300hp Yamaha digital controls and a stainless marine swim deck bracket. Transom seems to have very minor rot!!!!!😎Thought I would share some pictures. As always suggestions are appreciated. I removed the engine and outdrive next is the fuel tank. Any advice on how to mark it out on top of the deck. I have the measurement of the tank I took through the deck plates. Where do I need to cut? Any help would be great!870E8400-4721-462F-9352-2F73B36FE44D.jpgF34933A2-8293-40F5-AC2F-161C5042DA63.jpegE8DF8FB4-A1ED-4E31-8A5A-396ECDE1DE6D.jpeg2560C667-A6DC-4A0A-B4F3-5B2249D14E25.jpeg

How much wider do I want to cut the deck bigger than the tank?

Well I took your guys advice and ended up purchasing a 300hp Yamaha digital controls and a stainless marine swim deck bracket. Transom seems to have very minor rot!!!!!😎Thought I would share some pictures. As always suggestions are appreciated. I removed the engine and outdrive next is the fuel tank. Any advice on how to mark it out on top of the deck. I have the measurement of the tank I took through the deck plates. Where do I need to cut? Any help would be great!View attachment 25582View attachment 25583View attachment 25584View attachment 25585
Wow this is a very interesting modification

Now you can get all that garbage off the transom. livewell pump, transom mount X-Ducers [Mounted on the wrong side I might add]

Put a thru hull on Port side....Put a 1000 watt tilted element X-Ducer on the STB side.

Suggest you look at my Project page and install a hatch like I have on 2 boats.

Curtting for the tank....You sneak up on it. Cut 1/2in larger than where the tape hit the stringer ....The deck piece will be replaced above the tank...

Was VERY suprized you bought a Yamaha...and not a Suzuki......Cheaper and swings a Bigger prop.

Now you can get all that garbage off the transom. livewell pump, transom mount X-Ducers [Mounted on the wrong side I might add]

Put a thru hull on Port side....Put a 1000 watt tilted element X-Ducer on the STB side.

Curtting for the tank....You sneak up on it. Cut 1/2in larger than where the tape hit the stringer ....The deck piece will be replaced above the tank...

Was VERY suprized you bought a Yamaha...and not a Suzuki......Cheaper and swings a Bigger prop.

Hey Wart, just curious, what's the logic behind the pickup to port, xducer to starboard mentality?

Number one reason I went with Yamaha I can get it serviced and worked on. not a lot of Suzuki dealers around me which means slow times getting back in the water and that’s not an option. Actually those transducers are mounted on the correct side ran 2 gt51 transducers one port and starboard as the outdrive blocked half the spectrum. Don’t worry was already going to put a airmar thru hull in.
I couldn’t find your projects that have the hatch in the back I will keep looking.

Hello all. I’m pretty new to the forum. I am about to get rid of the 100 gallon fuel tank and I/O and replace with a 150 gallon tank and a Yamaha 250 with a bracket with a small swim platform. The boat currently has a 350 mph horizon with 400 hours on it. 60 gallon bait tank will remain on deck. How different will this boat ride? Is it going to be worth having the extra room in the boat and a generator? Any help,ideas,or comments I will listen. This is my first time doing a project like this. I will be taking pictures the whole project. Unless you guys talk me out of it. The fuel tank is the original 100 gallon tank and that’s what is inspiring this. I need more fuel for long runs and overnight trips.
I redid a 94 2520 with 300 yami. It's lighter than original 225 that came off of it. Modified V not really suited for offshore, but I use mine on a river. Usual tank (for outboards) was 126gal. To replace measure to stringers from inspection ports. Add 3/4 or 1 inch on each side, pop a line and cut out deck. Set your saw about one inch deep. Main stringers were doubled, as I recall, about 3" wide. I was going to put 45 gal. aux fuel tank under passanger seat in cabin. You could also find some room for an aux tank between cabin seats, as there's some room under that cabin deck. Old tank will probably be foamed in. I ended up building a "puller" out of all-thread, 4x4's and a bottle jack. You'll like the 300

Actually, the MVSC can handle 3 tanks under the deck.
I had the only one known to have 3 under-deck factory installed tanks. It was a 1996 MVSC.
127 gal main and two 47 gal wing tanks with a 3 position fuel valve aft.
If you would like, I have photos of my deck showing the 6 access plates you could use for a visual reference.
Let me know, and I'll post them.

Actually, the MVSC can handle 3 tanks under the deck.
I had the only one known to have 3 under-deck factory installed tanks. It was a 1996 MVSC.
127 gal main and two 47 gal wing tanks with a 3 position fuel valve aft.
If you would like, I have photos of my deck showing the 6 access plates you could use for a visual reference.
Let me know, and I'll post them.
I would love to see the pictures. I’m just trying to figure out where all the singers are.i would love to go with a bigger tank as mine is only a 100 gal. Do I cut the deck out to the size of tank I want or cut the deck just to get the old one out and go from there?

I would love to see the pictures. I’m just trying to figure out where all the singers are.i would love to go with a bigger tank as mine is only a 100 gal. Do I cut the deck out to the size of tank I want or cut the deck just to get the old one out and go from there?
Cut the hole bigger than tank, to the center of stringers so you'll have something to attach new deck to

I will break these photos into 3 posts.
The deck was too big to get all of the hatches in one photo, so I'm giving you multiple angles.
One photo shows my MVSC (14 degree dead rise) sitting next to a 2520XL (16 degree dead rise).
At one time, Parker built the 2520 in 3 flavors. MVSC, XL, and DV.

Attachments

• DSCN0009.jpeg
    DSCN0009.jpeg
    82.6 KB · Views: 44
  • Photo Library - 322.jpeg
    Photo Library - 322.jpeg
    138.7 KB · Views: 45
  • DSCN0023.jpeg
    DSCN0023.jpeg
    120.9 KB · Views: 44
Back