I'm Ranger Tim and I Have a Rockfish Habit

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ranger Tim

Reaction score
I work for the Boy Scouts as a Camp Ranger, hence my screen moniker. I am retired from my first career as a professional trombonist/university instructor, and I am fortunate to have a wife that shares my passion for fishing and boating. My involvement with Parker Boats began during the fall of 2003 when I was freezing off the coast of Virginia in a center console, chasing the striped bass migrations. When I could no longer feel my legs and the bow rail had icicles forming on it, I would look longingly at the boats alongside that featured enclosed cabins. I grew up on the Chesapeake Bay and have a good working knowledge of small fishing boats. I was dismayed at all the "no wood, no rot" propaganda, lackluster construction, tangled wiring, and miserable fit & finish that I found on most newer boats. Then I found Parker!

I will never forget the day when my wife turned to me and said, "Tim, if we are going to be making payments on a boat anyway, why don't we make payments on a boat we like?" Truer words have never been spoken, especially by a female!

The 2120 Sportcabin is a perfect match for me and my wife, as we trailer a long way to launch our boat. One day I will keep it closer to the water, but I enjoy working on it in the yard too much to be away from it for any length of time. Heck, it makes a great deer stand too! We enjoy sleeping overnight and spending weekends on the water. Some day I will retire and live on a boat - Maybe Parker will have a trawler model by then!

I have a website that features my boat and its characteristics. I posted it in the hopes that others will benefit from my experiences. That is exactly what I hope this new site will promote, minus the unpleasantness and negativity of some other boating sites. I too yearn for a forum where we can share and exchange information and ideas in a positive, safe environment. I believe this site has the potential to fulfill our expectations and more. Kudos, Dale!

DCP_0162.JPG

The Admiral with her Dad.

DCP_0168.JPG

My esteemed fellow Parker owner:
I myself have the same striper habit as you do, only I have a Classic 2110 WAC and fish around the first Bay Bridge. I wanted a 21 SE, but; my wife, known as SWMBO, said NO!!!! The infamous enclosed potty syndrome.

Ah, speaking of trombones, not mine, but my son's slightly confused 'bone. We know about those boneheads. :wink: Just thought I would say hi from another family of trombone enthusiasts.

secondtrombone.jpg

Back