In for the season

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcunniff

Reaction score
Got in This Wednesday but didn't have right flow on IO.

Replaced exhaust manifolds, risers today with a friend in the water.

Short test ride, a Hingham marina this year.

FYI, for those local, the big Parker is still tied up at Hingham Shipyard Marina after their in water boat show last week if anyone wants to see it. I didn't take a picture today.

Did of my 2530.

Along with some preventive maintenance of fresh water cooled system, replaced pulleys and belts this year, and sent out my heat exchanger to get powder coated as paint wasn't holding up.

Dana

Dana

Attachments

• P1030652 (Medium).JPG
    P1030652 (Medium).JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 1,041
  • P1030650 (Medium).JPG
    P1030650 (Medium).JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 1,041
  • P1030654 (Medium).JPG
    P1030654 (Medium).JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 1,041
  • DSC03443 (Medium).JPG
    DSC03443 (Medium).JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 1,041
  • DSC03444 (Medium).JPG
    DSC03444 (Medium).JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 1,041
Right, they do look good in the water, particularly when they are working.

They look great in the spring on land when they are prepped.

Dana

Megabyte, full boat views look good. Zooming on sections show the age.

Couple more from yesterday.

Been lot of rain up here this sporing for those around here that know. Did bunch of extra engine cooling work and didn't end up going in much later than last year.

Have to put the electronics displays, bring down some fishing gear, and clean the bilge more like yours.

Dana

Attachments

• P1030644 (Medium).JPG
    P1030644 (Medium).JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 940
  • P1030647 (Medium).JPG
    P1030647 (Medium).JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 940
  • P1030653 (Medium).JPG
    P1030653 (Medium).JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 940
  • P1030637 (Medium).JPG
    P1030637 (Medium).JPG
    56 KB · Views: 940
  • P1030648 (Medium).JPG
    P1030648 (Medium).JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 940
  • P1030651 (Medium).JPG
    P1030651 (Medium).JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 940
very nice Parker, hope to see you on the water!!!!!, you will see quite a few parkers blasting through the Gut. :p

POGE, yes. Been in smaller marina for years and switched to another in Hingham this year.

New owner at last one and chased some of us away with contract written so he could never be at fault or have a problem. He would just keep the money!

Dana

Dana that rig is beautiful!!!! BTW - quit your day job and go into photography :) You have a real nack for snapping great pics :)

mstelmac":11iqonl2 said:
Dana that rig is beautiful!!!! BTW - quit your day job and go into photography :) You have a real nack for snapping great pics :)

He has a great subject to shoot. 8)

I can't take credit for the ones when it is moving, as I'm driving then!!

Can tell you though we lost some great ones on plane two years ago when the sun washed out ones when I buzzed nearby a friend's boat where I had my wife on board getting some high speed pics.

I go in streaks. Sometimes I take shots to help me remember things.

Let's hope the summer goes well to take more.

Thanks.

Dana

Brian, because of this forum I have been "shamed".

I used to just keep after it to have standing water removed. Would occasionally remove debris, and add bilge cleaner. But that isn't enough.

Last few years I have tried to keep it "white" after seeing so many super clean bilges.

Guys with inboards or IOs have to keep at it some. I get belt dust, I open it to switch batteries, so I can get more in bilge and its big.

After doing this spring's work I need a shop vac and whitening cleaner next.

Dana

Dana,
How much of a problem is it for you to remove the batteries for the winter?
My friend the home owner, where I keep my boat has an 02 2510 with the diesel I/O option. We basically have to strip off the alternator and power steering pump to get the the batteries out.

Tom

Tom, that first engine view shows some of battery cable on right and you can see ba ttery switch on left where other battery is.

You can also see I have a front mount heat exchanger.

I still have group 24 batteries. I put new ones in last year and didn't upsize.

I used to take them out in the winter. I had to take htem out where the alternator and power steering pump are. I had to pull on one coolant hose to the manifold and tilt the batteries up there and they came out. I would turn them there to face the back of the boat too.

I got tired of doing it. Last several years since I have shore power I plug the boat in all winter with the charger on and leave the batteries in. I probably haven't been removing them in 5 years.

Let me know if you need any more explanation or pics. I didn't have to remove anything else.

Dana

John, OK, some prep pics on land and one more from last week launch.

Dana

Attachments

• DSC03453 (Medium).JPG
    DSC03453 (Medium).JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 522
  • P1030530 (Medium).JPG
    P1030530 (Medium).JPG
    101.2 KB · Views: 522
  • P1030635 (Medium).JPG
    P1030635 (Medium).JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 522
Back