Inline Diode Bilge Pump Rocker Switch 2120 Parker 2003

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuck fluke

Reaction score
Hi i need to replace a inline diode that goes from my Breaker to my Bilge Switch. The breaker is 10amp. What size Diode would I need?

Never heard of a Diode there and have never installed one.....A Diode is a 1 way filter...allowing current to go 1 way and not backfeed something else... As you can see in the pix.....No Diode.

Attachments

• how-to-wire-a-bilge-pump-rocker-switch.jpg
    how-to-wire-a-bilge-pump-rocker-switch.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 15
Ok I see that. But factory wire digram shows the Diode that run from fuse to switch?

I keep looking at that diagram but I’m pretty novice at wiring. Does the “unswitched” bilge have any power if you turn off your battery switch?

IF that’s true, you might consider changing the power source from that switch panel to a fused line wired direct to the battery.

But if you stick to the diode it’s twice the load rating as the pump

I believe the diode in the diagram is the LED in the switch telling you it is running

I see it. When Master switch is OFF....And Bilge pump would kick ON via Float Sw. That Diode keeps from energizing all the rest of the switches.

The float sw gets it's power thru a 10ga wire...fused at the battery.

This makes sure the float sw/ bilge pump works with the boat sitting in the water and Master Sw OFF. It makes sense to me, But.....I've never seen it before.

This is the one you want.....
61n00MSKxuL._AC_UL232_SR232,232_.jpg

Now there is a right way and a wrong way to install it.

It flows + to -...So POS goes on Sw.

main-qimg-5f96d5855bb18c411340c9f332286a5a

main-qimg-a0d591f40f6026a10f77ffb276abcbde

Reactions: Efx
Back