Inspection Pie Plate replacement

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

12Parker2320

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking for a replacement pie plate or just the gasket for my 2012 2320. I popped the inspection plate over the fuel hose fitting and there was slug in there from where water had seeped in. I have the kind of pie plates that just pry off but cannot find an exact replacement anywhere. From searching on here and elsewhere the only thing I could find are these Tempress inspection hatches from Great Lakes Skipper that screw down. Anyone know of a better option or know where I can get the exact replacement?5668AC2C-1E77-46BD-BD59-CADB6492FB85.jpeg5668AC2C-1E77-46BD-BD59-CADB6492FB85.jpeg

Attachments

• AF371724-3246-4CF1-BA63-66799CAD73F3.png
    AF371724-3246-4CF1-BA63-66799CAD73F3.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 35
Isn't the mfr stamped or molded in the lid? I use lifeseal on mine. Semi easily removable and it keeps them from spinning when you step on them.

I replaced mine last year from Great Lakes. I got the screw down ones as you described, I like them better as well, the gasket for the original ones were more than half the price of the replacement cost

I replaced mine last year from Great Lakes. I got the screw down ones as you described, I like them better as well, the gasket for the original ones were more than half the price of the replacement cost
Ya I think I might do the same. Where did you find the replacement gaskets? I couldn’t find them on Great Lakes website. Did you use 4200 in your installation?

Ya I think I might do the same. Where did you find the replacement gaskets? I couldn’t find them on Great Lakes website. Did you use 4200 in your installation?
I found the gaskets in a marine hardware store near me. I used marine silicone for the install of the ring but smeared some 5200 on the edge of the wood cutout as the factory didn't do a great job sealing the cut.

I found the gaskets in a marine hardware store near me. I used marine silicone for the install of the ring but smeared some 5200 on the edge of the wood cutout as the factory didn't do a great job sealing the cut.
Ok thanks. Was thinking of doing the same for the wood core but maybe epoxy

I called west marine by but they don’t sell just the gasket. Will likely just take off the old pie plate base and put on the tempress screw down hatch

Hey 12parker..I have the 6" tempress pry off..I did use the beckson gasket..like Brent said beckson diameter slightly thicker..worked out well..go to your local marine store .

Hey 12parker..I have the 6" tempress pry off..I did use the beckson gasket..like Brent said beckson diameter slightly thicker..worked out well..go to your local marine store .
Ya I’ll have to just go in there. When I call they say they only have the screw down plates and don’t sell gaskets separately

This is the part number for the inspection pie plate. I contacted the company but haven’t heard back. Anyone know of a replacement gasket commonly available that will fit?

Attachments

• 3ACE7823-6396-4474-82BF-05EE34198EAC.jpeg
    3ACE7823-6396-4474-82BF-05EE34198EAC.jpeg
    68.8 KB · Views: 2
Seems like the original company has been bought out. The new stuff they sell under the same name has a different part number so I dunno if their gaskets would be a 100% match. But if they're not responsive then the quickest, easiest route to a new gasket might be Tempress, they have a variety of sizes and shipped quickly when I ordered one a few months ago:
Deck Plate O-Rings – Store – TEMPRESS

If it doesn't fit for some reason,, at least it's a small investment to try it. You might check if any of your rectangle hatches are tempress and order gaskets for those too while you're at it. And if the main one you're looking for doesn't fit, maybe just buy the tempress deck plate and you'll have a spare gasket on hand for sometime down the road.

This is the part number for the inspection pie plate. I contacted the company but haven’t heard back. Anyone know of a replacement gasket commonly available that will fit?
We have the same Innovative Solution M6AP pie plates on our 2520.... Trying to think ahead, after reading here on CP how hard replacements were to find, 4 years ago I found an O-ring at Agri-Supple Company in Greenville, NC that worked; but had to 'stretch' it a tad; I have not been able to find any more there recently.... I DID find this replacement O-ring at Walmart on-line.... I sent the link below just for fun/humor! (Actually, it's really not funny). I thought it was a miss-print; it is not. They also list the 4" O-ring for around $46.00...
1657987179567.png

Last edited:
In my humble opine Armstrongs inspection port covers are dryer then any pry out.210CB2A0-AA6F-4B72-9E05-C03A5EBEBD92.jpeg

In my humble opine Armstrongs inspection port covers are dryer then any pry out.View attachment 33600
Hi Mpellet, we have this same Armstrong inspection port on our Armstrong bracket; (just like everyone else I guess?). I have never opened it because it operates differently than every other inspection port I have ever owned; so I've been afraid to open it. I'd like to see if there is any water or other 'smootch' in the bracket, and/or if it needs cleaning out. But like I said, I have never opened it. I searched Armstrong's site, Youtube, THT, CP, BD, etc looking for a video or anything for detailed info; I didn't find anything... Can you tell me if there is anything spectacular/different/ odd that I need to know to open it? And most importantly, If There Is Anything I Need To Know, to seal it back properly.... Thank you!

As you spin the handle on top the little bar underneath (looks like a triangular head) that you can barely see at the bottom of the picture drops down and then you are able to pick the plate up a little bit, slide it to one side, then tilt it and pull the whole thing out. When you put it back in you do the same thing in reverse and then make sure the lip on the bottom of the circular part is lined up in the hole then tighten it down to pull the gasket tight. After you get it out the first time it makes a lot more sense and is easier. The bracket on my 2530 with twins has 2 access plates that are the same.

Back