Installing a fresh water tank and washdown

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inspector 56

Reaction score
Any suggestions on installing a fresh water tank and washdown? I have a 2020 (year) 2320 SC, which did not come with fresh water washdown. Thoughts, suggestions?

In "Some" boats the freshwater tank is installed before the boat comes all together.... Keeping it on the centerline would be good.... 8.2lbs per gal.

I have a 13g fresh water tank and wash down on my 2320. There’s a huge amount of space in the center of the cabin. I cut out an access hatch and glassed in a box. Plenty of room to store anchors, fenders and tools to boot.

I have a 13g fresh water tank and wash down on my 2320. There’s a huge amount of space in the center of the cabin. I cut out an access hatch and glassed in a box. Plenty of room to store anchors, fenders and tools to boot.
Interesting, do you have any pics to share? Additionally, when you say you cut an access hatch, I get nervous about where one can cut, drill, sink screws without having a diagram/drawing on the boat illustrating how the boat is put together, where fuel tanks and lines are, any wiring, etc... Can anyone tell me how to get ahold of diagrams or drawings?

There’s a huge amount of space in the center of the cabin.

Exactly where it needs to go..... Do not forget......There needs to be a route for the fill & Vent hoses.

Do you happen to have any pics to share?

I have a 23se . I placed a Y valve on suction side of my raw water wash down pump. I use my bait well as a 40 gallon fresh water source. Turn valve handle under stern port seat , place a suction garden hose into live well , use to flush engine at mooring and for fresh water wash down `from hose from external. Wash down connector.I use the standpipe and plug the overflow end with a balloon or condom. Works some slick.
if planning to use live bait, upon return , I fill with fresh water at dock, wash down boat, plug stand pipe ,fill live well with fresh water motor to mooring then flush engine block and final wash down of engine as tilted out of water.

Allows for raw or fresh water wash down and full use of live well using through hull suction and it’s dedicated pump.

I have owned boats without live well and placed a 40 gallon fresh water tank in center console.

I prefer the simple , versatile use of live well for fresh water at days end.

Charles in Maine

Last edited:
The photos below are of a factory installed water tank in a 2019 2320 SL.

Attachments

• 2019 Parker 2320 SL (64).jpg
    2019 Parker 2320 SL (64).jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 1
  • 2019 Parker 2320 SL (65).jpg
    2019 Parker 2320 SL (65).jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 2
  • 2019 Parker 2320 SL (66).jpg
    2019 Parker 2320 SL (66).jpg
    3 MB · Views: 2
I have a 23se . I placed a Y valve on suction side of my raw water wash down pump. I use my bait well as a 40 gallon fresh water source. Turn valve handle under stern port seat , place a suction garden hose into live well , use to flush engine at mooring and for fresh water wash down `from hose from external. Wash down connector.I use the standpipe and plug the overflow end with a balloon or condom. Works some slick.
if planning to use live bait, upon return , I fill with fresh water at dock, wash down boat, plug stand pipe ,fill live well with fresh water motor to mooring then flush engine block and final wash down of engine as tilted out of water.

Allows for raw or fresh water wash down and full use of live well using through hull suction and it’s dedicated pump.

I have owned boats without live well and placed a 40 gallon fresh water tank in center console.

I prefer the simple , versatile use of live well for fresh water at days end.

Charles in Maine
Charles. - thank you for the detailed description, I like the idea, and will look into the project, as I don’t plan to consume the fresh water, this makes sense.

Back