Installing taco grand slam outriggers

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Has anyone installed these outriggers on a center console. I have a 2021 2501 which is equipped to accept these outriggers from the factory. In reading the instructions there were two ways to install whether you have a cored or solid T top. If cored I need to make stanchions so it won’t compress the top. Looking for a first-hand experience as I know someone here has installed these on their boat. Any advice would be appreciated before hi Star. Thanks again.

Discussed this with my dealer rigger today. The top already has the backing plates built in with the 3" x 5" bolt pattern pre drilled right? He felt pretty confident that the baseplate and the t-top backing plate were enough for my intended use without worry. I'm going with 18 footers and do not intend to drag dredges around. Let me know what you've uncovered with your research?

Discussed this with my dealer rigger today. The top already has the backing plates built in with the 3" x 5" bolt pattern pre drilled right? He felt pretty confident that the baseplate and the t-top backing plate were enough for my intended use without worry. I'm going with 18 footers and do not intend to drag dredges around. Let me know what you've uncovered with your research?
If you’re talking about the mounts that are prefabricated and welded on to the frame of the T-top, then yes you’ll be just fine using those.

If the top is solid it should be a typical installation. If cored, either de-core and fill with thickened resin then drill, or sleeve with fiberglass tube whatever passes through the top. I'd probably de-core and fill will six10 then drill.

Installed, cored top and used west system to epoxy holes. Just need to figure out where to attach shock cord when stowed or fishin.

Attachments

• D862C1E0-D159-4B85-A1B1-73149041D828.jpeg
    D862C1E0-D159-4B85-A1B1-73149041D828.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 40
  • C6449A6C-9364-4C0C-9622-75DC5AEE77A6.jpeg
    C6449A6C-9364-4C0C-9622-75DC5AEE77A6.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 48
Nice! Looking good!
Can you let me know what fastening hardware you used? ( length?) Did you use delrin or felt washers? ( or anything else?)

Nice! Looking good!
Can you let me know what fastening hardware you used? ( length?) Did you use delrin or felt washers? ( or anything else?)

2” hardware & included insulated washers on top & nylon with stainless washers on the bottom

Back