Is the factory live well any good?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Humboldt

Reaction score
Ok guys we have a new 2320 on order. We’re trying to decide if the factory live well will work or if we should get a bait tank installed. What are your thoughts on keeping anchovies in the factory live well?

Ok guys we have a new 2320 on order. We’re trying to decide if the factory live well will work or if we should get a bait tank installed. What are your thoughts on keeping anchovies in the factory live well?
It is foam insulated, and although I don't know about anchovies, I can say, it will keep a case of iced-down beer cold all day, as long as you keep a wet towel over the plexiglass cover; to keep the sun out! ☺

Haha yea I figured it would at least be good for that. We’re just trying to figure out if the loss of deck space is worth it for how much we’d actually use it

Hard no on the factory 2120 tank. Idk about the 2320 but if the overflow has a exposed standpipe like mine it will kill a lot of chovies.

It's a pretty bad livewell on an otherwise pretty darn nice boat.

i added a kodiak flow thru to my 23 se cc. absolutely worth it. i bought the boat used and was able to use the existing (factory) thru hull pick up. i changed the pump and ran inbound plumbing up thru the battery box - same route as the raw water - and into the bottom of the live-well fastened to the deck in between the bilge access hatch and the batter box seat.

overboard out the top for the drain.

i find a good flow thru live-well adds a lot to my baits lifespan and general liveliness. never used sardines specifically (cape cod), but macs, bunker, herring, bluefish def do much better.

if live-lining is a big part of your fishing, you will want a better live-well.

on that - i do recommend the kodiak flow thru …:)

We fish out out of Westport wa for albacore. My buddy has a 2820 with factory live well and it sucks.

I installed a 50 gallon big salt on my 2016 2320. I would highly recommend the 50 or 42 gallon tank.

I typically fish with 2 scoops of anchovies. I experience minimal dead loss and catch a lot of albacore.

Last edited:
I have the dealer installed live well on my 2016 2320. It was a great addition for me. Not only does it keep my bunker alive but it's great for bleeding out my catch. It provides convenient seating when we run & gun chasing birds.

The factory bait tanks are for drinks not bait. Installed a 65 gallon bluewater bait systems.

Attachments

• BF5DC185-1CB9-4EF7-AB4E-6292FAEBEA23.jpeg
    BF5DC185-1CB9-4EF7-AB4E-6292FAEBEA23.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 24
Thanks for the reply’s guys. We’re going to go with the 50 gallon blue water. We don’t need to hold a ton of bait but want them to stay healthy. Waiting for the boat to be built is keeping me up at night. I haven’t been this excited in years haha

Back