Is the gunnel strong enough for a small line puller?

Classic Parker

Help Support Classic Parker:

Cheapie408

Reaction score
The 2120 is small so I'm only consider compact things for it. I've always one a pot puller on the boat, is the gunnel on the parker strong enough to mount one of these? I'll be using mounting plates to add downriggers on either side the same plates can be used for this puller.

scotty.jpg

pelagic2530

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's cored fiberglass, and pretty thick at that. I don't think you'd have a problem with a unit this size. Have a backing plate fabricated for the under side of the covering board, or buy one from the manufacturer if offered. I think you'll be fine.

sydngoose

Reaction score
100% yes, BUT you MUST put a substantial backing plate beneath the gunnel for support: bigger the better and I would use 1/4" aluminum (T6) for backing plate.

GoodChance

Reaction score
Agreed with the ^^^^^^^

Yes, the washboards are strong enough ....... you'll need a backing plate. Not fender washers but a full aluminum backing plate

Cheapie408

Reaction score
Instead of aluminum something like king starboard would be ok too you think?

Cheapie408

Reaction score
That's awesome! There's nay sayer on THT that say no when I wanted to do this with my old striper

GoodChance

Reaction score
That's awesome! There's nay sayer on THT that say no when I wanted to do this with my old striper
The problem with THT is there are far too many inexperienced ppl who think they know something and are quick to pip-up with their inexperienced opinions ...... and it's easy to be conservative, error-on-the-side-of caution or even be negative while it takes more thought and experience to offer productive advice. While there area few experienced individuals on THT, their opinions get drowned-out by the multi-attacks from the naysayers

sydngoose

Reaction score
The problem with THT is there are far too many inexperienced ppl who think they know something and are quick to pip-up with their inexperienced opinions ...... and it's easy to be conservative, error-on-the-side-of caution or even be negative while it takes more thought and experience to offer productive advice. While there area few experienced individuals on THT, their opinions get drowned-out by the multi-attacks from the naysayers
Yep and mod11.
Not only did my username get banned from posting, he banned my IP address from even reading the forums. Can’t even open THT.
Me and THT have a love/ hate relationship.

GoodChance

Reaction score
Yep and mod11.
Not only did my username get banned from posting, he banned my IP address from even reading the forums. Can’t even open THT.
Me and THT have a love/ hate relationship.
😂

Oh well. I've been banned numerous times as well. All by Mod 11. There used to be a FB page almost dedicated to Mod11 (First Light) and his BS antics.

mb4570

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like I'm on the right track , a couple weeks ago I put 12"x6"x1/4" aluminum backing plate under all my cleats and 20"x18"x1/4" backing plate in the bow under my anchor pulpit.

Andy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi GoodChance, just to 'piggy-back' your comments, I thought this would be a 'Good Chance' to re-print a comment from Dale, the Classic Parker founder.... I seldom go on THT; for all the reasons you and Sydngoose mention.... As Dale was leaving he was hoping that CP retains the great cordial atmosphere, like that not found on THT....
1614906902063.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Latest posts