Is the gunnel strong enough for a small line puller?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheapie408

Reaction score
The 2120 is small so I'm only consider compact things for it. I've always one a pot puller on the boat, is the gunnel on the parker strong enough to mount one of these? I'll be using mounting plates to add downriggers on either side the same plates can be used for this puller.

scotty.jpg

It's cored fiberglass, and pretty thick at that. I don't think you'd have a problem with a unit this size. Have a backing plate fabricated for the under side of the covering board, or buy one from the manufacturer if offered. I think you'll be fine.

100% yes, BUT you MUST put a substantial backing plate beneath the gunnel for support: bigger the better and I would use 1/4" aluminum (T6) for backing plate.

Agreed with the ^^^^^^^

Yes, the washboards are strong enough ....... you'll need a backing plate. Not fender washers but a full aluminum backing plate

Instead of aluminum something like king starboard would be ok too you think?

I use an Ace puller, mounted to my Scotty mounts...works fine. My Scotty mounts are directly over the gunnel supports and I Have a 1/4 SST blacking plate under the gunnel.
Pulled many full pots, no flex what so ever.

Attachments

• 63FF77EA-0E3E-4324-A2E6-93C872F69069.jpeg
    63FF77EA-0E3E-4324-A2E6-93C872F69069.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 49
  • AC629FE9-DF60-4AA2-94E6-B4D4F54BFD3E.jpeg
    AC629FE9-DF60-4AA2-94E6-B4D4F54BFD3E.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 44
That's awesome! There's nay sayer on THT that say no when I wanted to do this with my old striper

That's awesome! There's nay sayer on THT that say no when I wanted to do this with my old striper

The problem with THT is there are far too many inexperienced ppl who think they know something and are quick to pip-up with their inexperienced opinions ...... and it's easy to be conservative, error-on-the-side-of caution or even be negative while it takes more thought and experience to offer productive advice. While there area few experienced individuals on THT, their opinions get drowned-out by the multi-attacks from the naysayers

The problem with THT is there are far too many inexperienced ppl who think they know something and are quick to pip-up with their inexperienced opinions ...... and it's easy to be conservative, error-on-the-side-of caution or even be negative while it takes more thought and experience to offer productive advice. While there area few experienced individuals on THT, their opinions get drowned-out by the multi-attacks from the naysayers

Yep and mod11.
Not only did my username get banned from posting, he banned my IP address from even reading the forums. Can’t even open THT.
Me and THT have a love/ hate relationship.

Yep and mod11.
Not only did my username get banned from posting, he banned my IP address from even reading the forums. Can’t even open THT.
Me and THT have a love/ hate relationship.

😂

Oh well. I've been banned numerous times as well. All by Mod 11. There used to be a FB page almost dedicated to Mod11 (First Light) and his BS antics.

Sounds like I'm on the right track , a couple weeks ago I put 12"x6"x1/4" aluminum backing plate under all my cleats and 20"x18"x1/4" backing plate in the bow under my anchor pulpit.

Hi GoodChance, just to 'piggy-back' your comments, I thought this would be a 'Good Chance' to re-print a comment from Dale, the Classic Parker founder.... I seldom go on THT; for all the reasons you and Sydngoose mention.... As Dale was leaving he was hoping that CP retains the great cordial atmosphere, like that not found on THT....
1614906902063.png

Attachments

• 1614902745092.png
    1614902745092.png
    212.1 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Back