Jumbo 46 incher Personal Light Tackle best

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jumbo1

Reaction score
Wasn't sure what to expect today....when I left home they were calling for a small craft advisory....who cares...so I met up with john henry on my Parker and headed to the midbay area...wasn't sure exactly which area I wanted to work but had an idea.....

Water temp was 52.6*...very foggy...flat as a pancake....heres Jiggywidit who fished near me most of the day...
[
Caught as many 22" to 24" fish as you could possibly catch....so i told john it was time to search for some bigguns.....

So we looked and looked....Fishfinder looked like this most of the day......
[
Than we saw some marks that lookid like perch....and we pulled in a few...and than WHAM!!!........my reel started screaming....I mean like Screamin!!....I'm using a Shimano Stradic 2500mg on a 6'8 Xtra fast St, Croix Avid with 15# Power pro and 20lb leader.....after a couple minutes I could see my mono backing....so the fish finally slowed up and I started to make some ground.....I figured it was 2 fish around 28-30"....to my suprise it was 2 fish....a 24" on top and a 46" on the bottom.......Hello...broke my net in half.....

I took some phots and released the fish unharmed....what a beauty....caught the fish on a 1oz Jighead with Alewive 6" BKD...dropper fly on top....

This is my personal best on my boat and LTJ to boot...doesn't get much better than that..... [grin]

Not sure what Ol' Bubba was doing in the river but I saw some really big marks and thought their might be better grade....our keepers were 24" to 26"....I didn't take a pic of them they looked like dinks......

I can only guess on the weight of the fish I ddin't have anything on board big enough to weight it....I would say in the 40lb range......

Attachments

• fish pic 46.jpg
    fish pic 46.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 211
  • jig.jpg
    jig.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 210
Jamie... On a 2500 class reel, that is awesome !!
I'd be happy to land that fish on my 4000 class Sustain. :)

Beautiful fish. I hope to have something close to that before the end of my season. :wink:

Thanks guys....I think any Parker is good luck........I hope.... :D

Back