Just purchased new 2520 XLD Sport Cabin

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Midlife

Reaction score
Hi All,

I took the plunge last week and purchased a new 2520 xld sport cabin. The boat will be built this winter at Parker and hope to have it in Sippican harbor (Marion, MA) early in the Spring.
Have enjoyed reading the various topics on the forum and look forward to suggestions on customizing/outfitting the boat...electronics , etc.
Any suggestions for a new boat owner are welcome!

dont let them in stall rod holders in gunel do it your self so you can fit more and they will be where YOU want them trust me and because you live in gaint town you might want to look in to 15derg. swevil rod hoders
sorry but my spelling sux

Midlife":rmyarh6r said:
I took the plunge last week and purchased a new 2520 xld sport cabin.

Congratulations, and welcome to CP!

Midlife":rmyarh6r said:
Have enjoyed reading the various topics on the forum and look forward to suggestions on customizing/outfitting the boat...electronics , etc.
Any suggestions for a new boat owner are welcome!

Best think I can advise is to continue reading, especially the posts in the "Projects" and "Electronics" areas.
The posts there go back to the beginning of CP, so there is a LOT of archived material to read. :)

Each time you log in, click on the "View new posts" link up there in the upper right hand corner of the page.
That way you can keep up on everything that is new.

Enjoy!

One of the neat things you might want to try, is find out when your boat is being built and see if you can go down to Beaufort (on vacation :wink: ), get a factory tour, and watch them put the hull under the deck.

That is something that most of us can only imagine about our Parkers. When I went through the factory a couple of years ago, I saw that being done. Really neat to see because the parts suddenly become a boat :D

Good luck with the new boat. I bought a used 2520XLD in Virginia (loaded w/only 100hrs on the engines). Took a while to get used to how they handle. Every time I fish this boat, I like it more and more. If you are having it custom built make sure you are aware of the placement of rod holders. It came with 4, and they were spaced way apart, If plan on trolling, you'll need more. Otherwise, It's one awsome boat! We are in the middle of one of the best striper runs in a long time here on the S. Jersey shore (Cape May). The weather has not cooperated at all, and I cant say enough about having the pilothouse and extra beam! I don't know what I did without a second helm station before!

I am considering a 2520 in Mattapoisett. Is the boat seaworthy enough for local conditions? Thanks.

Latest posts

Back