Kicker motor questions

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rozi2520

Reaction score
My boat in a 1990 2520 MV hull. I have a stainless marine bracket. I am wanting to add a 20 or 25hp kicker with power trim and remote steering. is this too much or just right? Think of using the Cecil marine kicker mount has anyone used it before? What length shaft kicker should be used on a MV hull? Any help would be great! Thanks

I have the Cecil Marine 4 bolt mount on my Armstrong bracket with a power trim/tilt and electric start 9.9. It has been a great mount

Attachments

• 54784F91-FFFD-48FD-ADE4-1D7FBE32E18F.jpeg
    54784F91-FFFD-48FD-ADE4-1D7FBE32E18F.jpeg
    755.6 KB · Views: 1
My boat in a 1990 2520 MV hull. I have a stainless marine bracket. I am wanting to add a 20 or 25hp kicker with power trim and remote steering. is this too much or just right? Think of using the Cecil marine kicker mount has anyone used it before? What length shaft kicker should be used on a MV hull? Any help would be great! Thanks
Have Parker kicker bracket on my 2525. Got long shaft 20 hp yami

Don't forget to make measurements. The Cecil Marine kicker mount may be a good option, but be sure to research and compare it with other options to determine the best fit for your specific setup.

Can you run with the kicker up? I was looking into getting a 25/30 and doing the same.
The 25 is a reasonable option as it only weighs about 30 pounds more and you get EFI. However it will cost you like $1300 more not including rigging. A 9.9 and a 25 will net roughly the Sam speed at WOT which will be about 6 to 7 knots. Neither can get you on plane obviously so they are just pushing your boat at displacements speeds. The bracket can handle the 25 Yamaha though

The 25 is a reasonable option as it only weighs about 30 pounds more and you get EFI. However it will cost you like $1300 more not including rigging. A 9.9 and a 25 will net roughly the Sam speed at WOT which will be about 6 to 7 knots. Neither can get you on plane obviously so they are just pushing your boat at displacements speeds. The bracket can handle the 25 Yamaha though
Good info. Wasnt sure if the steering would bind or not. I have a line on a few 30s used that would work. I could do the throttle at my deck station as to not clutter up the pilot house.

Only real concern is one more thing to get tangled in fighting fish

Good info. Wasnt sure if the steering would bind or not. I have a line on a few 30s used that would work. I could do the throttle at my deck station as to not clutter up the pilot house.

Only real concern is one more thing to get tangled in fighting fish
Haven’t had an issue but it would be a good idea to put a prop saver on the kicker to prevent line entanglements. The biggest thing with a kicker on 21-26’ boat, let’s say, is the gearing and ability to turn a bigger prop which the Yamaha 9.9 gives with you with the high thrust model. I’m in the PNW so I use the kicker mainly for salmon trolling (at least I used to as we won’t have a season for a while now) to both keep hours off my main and not bog it down with carbon build up at those slow trolling speeds

Back