largest trim tabs installed on a 2520xld w/ single outboard??

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chas650r

Reaction score
I am looking to upgrade and if I do want to go as large as possible . I mostly only use the tabs for leveling but the boat is much better at slow planing when the tabs are down to even ( parallel) with the hull . This makes me believe that bigger tabs at the same angle would be better yet. After seeing that some here report equal to or better fuel mileage w/ their 2820 than the 2520 it seems the tabs may effectively lengthen the 2520xld hull helping to keep the stern up at lower speeds.

What have you done and how has it worked?

I upgraded tabs on my 2320. And it’s a excellent improvement for keeping the bow down. But for picking up the stern and lower planning speed my 4 blade prop is better at that.

I upgraded tabs on my 2320. And it’s a excellent improvement for keeping the bow down. But for picking up the stern and lower planning speed my 4 blade prop is better at that.
I did go w/ the power tech 4 blade but the boat still seems heavy in the stern at lower speeds.
wider always needs less input / less drag and get the results.......9 X 24's
I have the lenco tabs now , any input on upgrading and using existing parts?

I did go w/ the power tech 4 blade but the boat still seems heavy in the stern at lower speeds.

I have the lenco tabs now , any input on upgrading and using existing parts?

I have the stock Lenco actuators with a 12x18 Bennett tab.

I have the stock Lenco actuators with a 12x18 Bennett tab.
thanks for the info .............. so 18 wide x 12 out from the transom correct? on the 2320 correct? if so did you have to reposistion the actuators ? this is my first elec tabs , so far so good , are you happy w/ the lenco rams?

Yes these are 18 wide on a 2320.
I didn’t have to reposition the tab.
ok............ I am assuming on my 2520 xld, if I can reuse the ram I would have to reposition it so it's in the center of the longer tab or maybe add a second ram for each tab? Anybody tried this ?

Back