Lenco actuator replacement

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobkat

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am trying to replace my starboard Lenco actuator. I hear the motor working but it doesn’t go out or in. I’m trying to find out where it enters the hull . Does it come in where the battery is or below that in the bilge area . If that’s where it comes in , it will be a difficult project. My boat is a 2520MV with a notched transom. Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Bob

It should be in the bilge. It’s about a 1/4” round insulated black wire. If you are lucky, there will be enough slack that you will be able to pull it out and do the butt splices. Make sure you stagger the splices so they will fit back through the hole.

I have the same problem but I can not get to the wires from the inside of the boat? Can not see where they go through the transom? I have a 2520 trans mounted single engine 2005. Anyhelp would be nice.

Easiest way may be to remove actuator and splice a thin, stiff wire to the end of existing cable. Then, stuff as much of it in from the outside until you can see/find it Inside the boat. I have done this with many different wiring situations. With my 2820, all of the wiring runs up from the bilge area to under the starboard gunnel.

Matt, that is a great idea. I could not see the wires in the bildge from the rear hatch. Your idea will help, thanks

I hope the factory placed the connectors where they're easily accessible. If so, Lenco actuator replacement is very easy. Did one a few weeks back but on an older Mako w/a. Connectors were under the fish box with easy access. Longest part was taking the nuts off of the ends of the actuator. Running the wiring was straight forward as is placing the connector on.

I had to replace both Lenco actuators in my 2004 2520 XL - I found it impossible to access the connectors from inside the boat - I had to splice externally and I double shrink wrapped the splice - been ok so far - but ridiculous that you can’t access

Back