List your winter projects

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rangerdog

Reaction score
1. 12x9 or 16x9 Tabs. I am going to keep the same Lenco actuaters and put new tabs/plates on.

2. Replace the passenger single seat with a bench seat.

helm.JPG

3. Add some gunnel rod holders.

1. Install a second Shakespear Galaxy 9' antenna on the starboard side where the GPS antenna is now (matching the antenna now on the port side)
2. Move the GPS antenna to the middle and co-locate with the anchor light.
3. Build a tackle station to hold many Plano 3700 boxes (I might replace one entire seat box with Plano storage...and if that works, I'll do something similar for the other seat box.
4. Try to figure out how to seal the deck to hull joint up in the bow.

Add a teak swim platform to each side of the OB bracket, see sketch

Re-do the pulpit in 3 epoxy coats followed by varnish.

Re-do cockpit non-skid.

Maybe add teak covering boards, provided I can seal in epoxy.

Hopefully (some day) add new power ;) .

Attachments

• Swim Bracket.jpg
    Swim Bracket.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 2,380
1. Strip all bottom paint, barrier coat, repaint with Micron CSC

2. Remove rub rain and seal hull to deck joint

3. Replace shift cables with teleflex extreme

Give me some more time to think the list will grow

I bought a Lowrance LCX 111C HD big screen color fishfinder/GPS chartplotter at the Annapolis boast show. I want to get that rascal installed along with the optional fuel flow and fluid level sensor modules.

Here is a questions for the electronic whiz kids out there -- My existing Lowrance black and white fishfinder/GPS chartplotter still works fine. Is is practical to run both units in my center console electronic cabinet or would I be better off taking the old unit out? I don't know if the two transducers would interfere with one another.

1. Replace swingback seat with leaning post
2. Hinge bow rail to swing away so the bow trolling motor can be used.
3. Fix tachometer/fuel gauge

I'm thinking about taking it from Maine to Florida in March for a few days chasing redfish.

1. Rocket launchers
2. Paint deck with more aggressive nonskid
3. get my planer boards rigged up
4. Bennett trim tabs (dont really miss them though)

1. Fresh Bottom Paint.

2. Boot stripe.

3. Replace rubber gasket/lining around pilothouse side windows.

4. New larger used mooring whips.

5. Make "Screen Door" that can easily be attached/detached. Dang greenheads.

6. Shag carpet in the berth (yeah baby....)

Kidding abour number 6.

J.A. Veil":3h9zfg2x said:
My existing Lowrance black and white fishfinder/GPS chartplotter still works fine. Is is practical to run both units in my center console electronic cabinet or would I be better off taking the old unit out? I don't know if the two transducers would interfere with one another.

You will not be able to use both transducers at the same time if they are both operating at the same frequency as they will interfere with each other.

You have options though... You could run one at 50 and the other at 200, or you could simply turn one 'ducer off and use that unit as a plotter only.
But... once you see that new color plotter in action, you'll be ready to remove that black and white unit and sell it at a yard sale. 8)

Will you be re-using the old transducer with the new plotter, or did you get a new one? What brand transducer, what power, and where will it be mounted?

Megabyte) Will you be re-using the old transducer with the new plotter said:
I will use the new Lowrance 200 kHz transducer that comes with the unit. The transducer will mount on the transom just above the water line -- same as the existing one. I may be able to use the same bracket.

The unit can be viewed at http://www.lowrance.com/Marine/Products/LCX-111chd.asp

Install the following on my 1801
Bennett Sport 80 tabs
Garmin 160C FF
LED rope lights under gunwales
install something like this for the fly poles

Attachments

• horizontal2.JPG
    horizontal2.JPG
    18.1 KB · Views: 2,260
boondoggle":tqxxvnhf said:
Install the following on my 1801...

...install something like this for the fly poles

I have something similar in mind. Admiral won't let me downsize to a new 23 CC with full transom, so I have to make the 2510 work for trolling, jigging, and flyfishing.

Already have a prototype (double ended), so that a fly fisherman could put a rod into the tray from the forward deck too. This weekend, I'm going to try to complete the other three, and hang two on each side of the tubing supporting the hard-top of my 2510. Will try to upload some pics.

Back