Looking at 1995 2320,what to look for?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amarino

Reaction score
I am thinking about going to take a look at an older 2320 . This boat is older than I really wanted and it’s two stroke power(250 Optimax) which I didn’t want either. So why the hell am I thinking about it? Lol. I figure If I get it at a great price I could repower when the 2S craps out . Original gas tank too . 🤪. Just curious , what would you pay for a boat like this, If you would even consider it at all. Should I consider it at the right price, or stick to something a bit newer

Gas tank
Replace fuel sender gasket
Look at cabin roof for soft spots
Steering - helm leaking, same for hoses and ram
Area around transom mounted transducer for rot
Any and all yard or owner installed stuff esp wiring
Soft spots in cockpit deck
Bad leaking cockpit hatches
Tank hull vent allowing water into tank
tank needs cleaning and full pump out
Add remote racor fuel water filter with inspection n drain valve
Loose rub tails fasteners
Berth topside hatch is leaking
Inspect all windows
Front from Wynne n parts available
Side tough to find parts
Full electrical inspection look for hack and darn stuff
Look at other posts for motor advice
Pressure check lower, change fluid n full water pump, swap out thermostats, check all anodes, VST might need new filter. Service fuel injectors
Test all circuit breakers and switches
Replace old bulbs with LED or new sealed waterproof units.
Pull all rode out n inspect,
Add chain
8 plait rode lays better
If had windlass , check wiring, wire size and if has breaker

Last edited:
Check scuppers and surrounding areas

Electrical system will need updates like BEP switch, fuses, new crimps and Connectors, better battery trays. Bilge pump probably poorly wired,, old and too small and cheap
Check fuel fill cap O rings n replace

The best part is it will polish up like new

Last edited:
Gas tank
Replace fuel sender gasket
Look cabin roof for soft spots
Steering _helm lumpy, hoses and ram
Area around transom mounted transducer
Any and all yard or owner installed stuff esp wiring
Soft spots in cockpit deck
Bad leaking cockpit hatches
Tank hull vent allowing water into tank
tank needs cleaning and full pump out
Add remote racor fuel water filter with inspection n drain valve
Loose rub tails fasteners
Berth topside hatch is not leaking
Inspect all windows
Front from Wynne n parts available
Side tough to find parts
Full electrical inspection look for hack and darn stuff
Look at other for motor advice
Pressure check lower unit
Test all circuit breakers

Thats a lot to check ,
thanks for being so detailed

When it comes to the electrical system, after 6 years of owning my 2002 2320, I am pleasantly surprised the system is in reasonably good shape. Thus far I have had very few minor problems. Knock on wood! I have experienced more issues with the post-factory wiring for accessories that was done. I see no need to make drastic changes to the electrical system at this time and I'm basing my experience on my previous boat which was a 1988 18' Outrage.

Fuel sender could be a problem. I shared my experience in a thread in this forum. I would insist on a pressure test of the fuel tank and make seller do necessary repairs rather than discounting selling price.

Some of the screws in the cabin roof leak but there are no soft spots. I plan to re-seal once I get a shelter in place.

I, along with a friend and a family member also spent a lot of time analyzing the boat as well as the seller who turned out to be a a very honest person. I got what was advertised with very few surprises. I even went with the boat yard that did the maintenance for the previous owner, but have since gone to another boat service yard.

How do you do that?

Agree.
I would rather have the price discounted, organize and inspect the repairs while in progress to ensure they are done correctly. Even if you “force” the seller you have no guarantee that they have been performed correctly. Most likely, they’ll be performed as cheaply as possible with no thought to longevity.

I am thinking about going to take a look at an older 2320 . This boat is older than I really wanted and it’s two stroke power(250 Optimax) which I didn’t want either. So why the hell am I thinking about it? Lol. I figure If I get it at a great price I could repower when the 2S craps out . Original gas tank too . 🤪. Just curious , what would you pay for a boat like this, If you would even consider it at all. Should I consider it at the right price, or stick to something a bit newer

Thanks for the input ,, I hesitated and the boat sold . I guess I hesitated for a reason, I really wanted alittle newer boat with 4S power.

Thanks for the input ,, I hesitated and the boat sold . I guess I hesitated for a reason, I really wanted alittle newer boat with 4S power.
When I was on the market for a Parker, one of my requirements was 4S power. That changed when I looked at the boat that I now own with a 200 hpdi. The boat itself was solid and in good condition compared to others I had looked at previously. After six years I have no regrets but wish I had more power under certain conditions ( full tank, 3 persons, and fishing gear). Last week when I picked up my boat, my boatyard told me that when the availability of outboards improves I should consider a repower as parts availability for the hpdi is becoming a concern.

I bought my 1996 2100 about three years ago. It has spongy decks in some places. I thought it was a good price so I went for it.
Its got a year 2000 Merc 225 2S that has about 1000 hours and still runs great. However the soft decks just kept getting softer. Now Im replacing three quarters of the deck and some stringers. Im still glad I bought the boat.

Attachments

• 11_23.jpg
    11_23.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 30
Back