looking for a better prop for my yamaha 300

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stripbait

Reaction score
my question is i have the factory prop that came with boat since new its a 151/4 by17t have no issues but was wondering is there any better props out there that will perform better like a 4 blade it does have the sds hub an will i lose that if go with a different brand or prop any infor would be be nice thanks again oh i foregot its a 2013 2520xl

Get a Mercury Enertia ECO and you'll see why everyone raves about it's performance

i guess nobody has any input what about a 4 blade prop
You asked, would a new prop perform better?... Are you looking for more speed? more power out of the hole? better fuel economy? planes at lower speed?... You and I have a similar boat (a 2013/2014 2520 XLD). It came with a similar (same?) prop as yours, even though you have the mod-V, and we have the deep-V. Ours is the stainless steel, Saltwater Series II.
And, 15 X 17 17-T is marked on the prop although the original spec sheet shows it as 15 1/2 " Diameter X 17 pitch. I don't know what the 'T' means. (can anyone tell me?).... I am happy with how the boat performs with this prop, but I too am curious to know if there would be improved performance (Meaning better mpg) with a different prop.? (4-blade, different size/pitch) Or raising the engine? Or adding a foil?. Any change will be a compromise of giving up something, to gain something else. I agree with a lot of the comments saying top-end speed in not a priority. (I've topped out at 44 under ideal circumstances, but I don't have a need to 'cruise' over 34; I usually run 30-32 getting 2.0-2.2 mpg). I would like to be able to stay on plane at lower speeds, but I don't know if that is a reasonable expectation with the deep-V...
It's a time consuming and expensive (I don't have access to 'borrow' different props) exercise to experiment with different props, and although somewhat helpful, other peoples experience with prop changes and performance may not apply to our boats (too many variables)....

Last edited:
thatswhat iam trying to do but dont have anyone to just try diferent props i heard that a 4 blade will give us more useful in mid range were we run about 42 to 4300 rpms give more stern lift thats what iam told but what size in 4 blade

how heavy do you run your boat? I tried a 4b / 17p (it was the wrong one shipped to me). With light load it was great, under heavy load i couldn't get the same top end. 65g bait tank, full fuel, 4 chonk boys, 160# of ice. and of course all of our toys

I've tested many different props on a 23 DVCC and a 25MV as well as a 2801. I have posted about my experiences in much greater detail than what I'll do here now ..... you can search my posting history to see these posts as well as detailed commentary and empherical data (graps too).

In summary, the Rev4 from Mercury is nice at slower speeds and around the dock. You can feel the stern get "lifted". But you'll loose 5% in fuel economy.

The Mercury Mirage is virtually the same as the Yamaha SWS...... both are good props on any Parker. They are a wide, heavy blade prop that performs quite well in most conditions. And this is the prop factory supplied on most hulls

But, if you want a GREAT prop, look for a Enertia ECO. It will lift the entire hull out of the water. Not sure how this happens but it certainly does. You'll see a 5-10% increase in fuel economy. The hull will be faster at all RPM's than any other prop. You MAY loose 50-100 rpm off the WOT (some boats do...... some don't).

If a 17" SWS worked for you, I'd start with a 17" ECO.

my question is i have the factory prop that came with boat since new its a 151/4 by17t have no issues but was wondering is there any better props out there that will perform better like a 4 blade it does have the sds hub an will i lose that if go with a different brand or prop any infor would be be nice thanks again oh i foregot its a 2013 2520xl
What are the numbers you are getting with your current prop?
Listing the rpm and speed from 4000 rpm to wot would be helpful.

I have a 300hp Yamaha on a 94 Parker Sport Cabin (heavy boat). Tried several of the Yamaha 17 pitch props & they kept spinning the hubs. Switched to a Turning Point Mach 3 OS 15.6 x 15 & it is fantastic. Performance & fuel economy really good, & square hub plus bigger exhaust port solved the spun hubs issue.

We have a 2320 with Yamaha 300. We run fairly light without a bait tank, tuna tower, etc. Came with the Yamaha 17P. Liked the Yamaha prop but everyone was raving about the the Rev4 so bought a 17P Rev4 to try. Better hole shot and low speed performance. Loss of mileage and top end. Rev 4 is back in the box and Yamaha SWS 17P is back on the boat. I think if your setup has the motor struggling to get on plane, and/or holding plane at a slower speed the Rev4 would be a great prop.

I feel that’s a little bit low for your top rpms and may make it more sluggish out of the hole and make it difficult to “easily” hold plane at lower rpm.

The Rev4 I have turns more like a 15 or 16P in terms of rpm. It may work for you. Send me a PM if you would like to try it. If you like it you can buy it for the $362 I paid for it.

After the first season with the Yamaha SS saltwater prop I called Prop Gods in Florida and they suggested a Power Tech with a little more pitch 4 blade prop. Lost a couple hundred RPM off the top but get up on plane faster and hold at lower speed. Small improvement on fuel burn as well. Give them a call and explain what you have and what you are looking to accomplish

i think iam going to try the mercury enertia eco prop 16 by17 now i need to get the right hub for prop anyone has a place that will get me what i need for my motor 300 yamaha 2013

iam getting about 5600 at wot i cruise at 4200 4300 about 24knots
That's about what I am getting after rehubing the prop. My numbers were terrible before then because the hub was spinning. The prop guy said it was dry rotted when he pressed it out to put the new one in.
Has anything changed on your since new?

I'm happy with my Mercury Enertia ECO. I have a 2300 w/ Yamaha 300 and I put a Emertia ECO 18 from the SWS 17. I lost some hole shot power but gained about 4 mph on WOT and saw improvements on fuel burn.

Back