Looking for a deck hatch...

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megabyte

Reaction score
... but not for my deck.

I'm looking for a hatch... similar to what Parker puts in the side of their rear stations, to replace the 'flap' that C-Hawk puts on theirs.

Image-DB834798C5C611DA.jpg

This is what it looks like under the 'flap'.

Image-2425608CC80711DA.jpg

That oval opening is 16 1/2" x 8" as measured to the outside edge of that 'bead'. I thought I might be able to use the hatch over my bilge pumps, but that one is 23" x 13", and the absolute maximum width I could use is 20".

I'm open to suggestions.

Anyone who has a Parker factory rear station... could you tell me the size of your hatch, and if there are any part numbers on it?

Here are two OEM Parker rear stations that I've been able to photograph.

Image-061152F33D1F11DA.jpg

Image-8971E895CB0F11D9.jpg

Megabyte":3huvvd65 said:
... oval opening is 16 1/2" x 8" as measured to the outside edge of that 'bead'. I thought I might be able to use the hatch over my bilge pumps, but that one is 23" x 13", and the absolute maximum width I could use is 20".
Kevin:

How about this Tempress 13" tall by 17" cam hatch? See here and picture below.

Here are the dimensions:
1317 Cutout = 10 5/8" x 14 1/2"
1317 Hatch Inside = 9 1/2" x 13 1/2"
1317 Flange Outside = 13" x 17 3/8"

At least the flange edge will cover the existing widest part of the oval cutout. You'll probably only be able to hold screws on the top and bottom parts of the flange, and a few down each side before flange abuts the oval cutout, but the other screws could be glued in or thru-bolted in the other positions to match.

44636_600.jpg

Excellent Dale!
Time for me to go shopping :!:

We have a new Boaters World in my area, and I recently discovered that they stock Tempress and Bowmar hatches and deck plates. Looks like I have another summer project. :wink:

Kevin,

I just installed a Bomar hatch with two locking cams in my fore deck as an anchor locker hatch. It looks exactly like the first of the OEM hatches you photographed. I like the locking cams as opposed to the slam-style in the second photo. In fact, I plan to replace the slam hatch in my motorwell with the same locking cam model I installed in the fore deck.

Hope this helps...

Back